All reviewslarge pondbasic accommodationroom was cleanfalling water and kentuck knoblaurel highlandsthe free continental breakfastwi fivery pleasant staylady luck casinoaccommodationsmicrowavecabinmarylandfixturesconvenience
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Arrived during blinding snowstorm. Needed a clean, quiet room for the night- nothing more. That is what I got. For a mom and pop place-this roadside motel is well cared for. While it is in need of updates overnight (80's decor-but a flat screen TV), it is clean and the beds acceptable. Pretty reasonable cost in an area(Laurel Highlands) without a lot of options. Just good, basic, overnight rooms-sometimes thats all you need.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank RML-OH
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Made the trip to the Lodge for a romantic getaway for my wifes birthday. Somehow they canceled my reservation and double booked my room. The only option left was a smoking room which they did show us. It smelt horrible and had a bug problem. This room did not work since my wife is allergic to smoke. We drove for several hours to be stuck with no place to stay. We spent my wifes birthday driving around for hours and making tons of calls trying to find a new place to stay. My advice is run far far away from the Lodge at Chaulk hill. Online photos are very misleading as well.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We have had our Class Reunion here 3 times. The banquet room is very cozy, nice bar area, lovely deck, large kitchen facilities if needed. The rooms are great, microwave, frig, iron/board, large deck overlooking the lake. The staff are wonderful. They are very friendly. Anything we needed, they were accomodating. Continental breakfast is great. Check in and out was smooth. Price is very reasonable. Access to many attractions. Would highly recommend The Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank MagooPa330
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I've stayed here a few times and think its a great little place and reasonably priced. The setting is really nice. Its near the highway, but separated by a long lawn and pond (you might here traffic if you slept with the sliding door open). All of the rooms are 1st floor, and they have nice little decks with table/chairs, which I think is a really nice touch. The room is average size but has a small fridge and microwave. I guess a few updates could be done, the toilet seat was a little banged up, but everything was funcional, clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was very basic but convenient. Check-out time is a generous 12:00. And there is one "pet friendly" building, although I haven't stayed in it. There is suppose to be WiFi available in the main office building (but i didn't try it). The only negative: there was mention at check-in of an additional charge for a child over 10 years old (although he didn't charge me) - they should make this clear to the online booking sites. I recommend staying here to anyone I know thats going to Ohiopyle.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ktjnemo
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I was looking for a place close to Falling Waters and read the reviews. This is a older motel-type experience. The units are old and have thin walls. I could hear the guy next door snoring quite loudly. Although the staff seemed friendly, the accomodations need to be desperately updated. Our screendoor was broken, and the carpets were quite worn, the bedspread was old, etc. Next time I travel to this area, I will stay in Uniontown which is only about 10 mins away.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family