All reviewslarge pondbasic accommodationroom was cleanfalling water and kentuck knoblaurel highlandsthe free continental breakfastwi fivery pleasant staylady luck casinoaccommodationsmicrowavecabinmarylandfixturesconvenience
Reviewed November 13, 2017

Room was very clean and housekeeping good. We just needed a place to sleep and this met that expectation. Did not do their breakfast and too cold to use the patio/deck. We could hear through the walls to some extent, but was not there long enough for it to bother us.

If handicapped please ask for a room which does not require a step up. They only used a small wood crate as a step into the room.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marlena E
Reviewed October 21, 2017

I would recommend it. The setting is very nice, room was very clean. We stayed 2 nights. The lobby was nice and so was the breakfast area. I liked that it had an deck so you can enjoy the view. The owers were very friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Good views, quite, and clean
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary G
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I wasn't going into this place with high expectations, it's older and the 2nd time i called, they lady wasn't very pleasant. I can only talk about room 702...when we opened the door, we just knew we were in for a treat. Trying to lock the door took may tries and I propped a chair under the handle just to be on the safe side. Well, the shower pushes out very little water and of the little water it does push out NONE OF IT IS HOT, I would have been happy if it was just warm, but that didn't happen..... Toilet - stopped working in the morning and then when it decided to start working, it took an hour to fill up the back before you could flush again. Breakfast... I stopped to check out and i guess the people working didn't feel the need to get up from the table in the back room to help me, they just continued to just eat. I walked back into the area grabbed a cup of coffee and a donut to go needless to say they both went straight into the garbage..

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2017

The lodges were nice and clean. Most have a deck facing the pond, which was nice even though the paint on the deck and railing was peeling. Park right in front. The included breakfast was okay. Very convenient to visit Fallingwater or Kentuck Knob.

Room Tip: choose a room near the pond
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2017

Found The Lodge while planning for a visit to Falling Water, just a short drive away. The Lodge is dated but still neat and clean. The room was small but had a private balcony overlooking a small pond. Nice view and the price was very reasonable.The free continental breakfast was ok. Nothing spectacular at The Lodge at Chalk Hill, but it made for a quiet night's sleep and a convenient start for our visit to Falling Water.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple