All reviews large pond private deck sliding glass door room was clean place to stay frank lloyd wright's fallingwater falling water and kentuck knob the ac unit the free continental breakfast laurel highlands wi fi main building english muffin spent two nights very pleasant stay lady luck casino the breakfast area
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My father and I stopped here to visit Fallingwater on our way to moving me from MA to New Orleans (we were in the room basically just to sleep). The room we stayed in was clean, but certainly nothing fancy. The real difference between this being an average and a good stay was attention to detail; i.e. no channel guide, wi-fi only in the main building, loose wallpaper corners, weatherstripping. To us it just showed a lack of effort to fix the small stuff. The continental breakfast had a decent spread (though no decaf coffee). The price was pretty good (got AAA discount) and it was 15min-ish from Fallingwater. For a longer stay it seemed to have a little deck and decent view from each room.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank EEG22
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was a last minute trip for some much needed quiet time in Ohiopyle and a visit to Kentuck Knob. I found the room to be adequate, even surprised to find a full kitchen of supplies (much needed silverware when I brought back take-out dinner). My room was very quiet, I enjoyed the deck overlooking the pond. There's a lot of traffic on 40 just beyond the pond, but it was not a big deal. The price was right, the owner was very friendly. I would stay again, but will likely try some of the other accomodations when in the area.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank swandive208
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The Lodge is located on a semi-wooded property containing a large pond suitable for fishing (and birding during migratory seasons). The rooms are cabin-like, not luxurious but clean and comfortable, each with a small patio. This was our first visit, and we chose to stay here because of its nearness to our primary destinations, Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob. But we liked the place and would come back just to enjoy the bucolic, laid-back atmosphere and to enjoy the view from the deck behind the main building.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Allen M
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We have been visiting Fayette County for years and usually stay at the Lodge at Chalk Hill, There is not many other hotels in the area unless you stay in Uniontown and drive up an down the mountain everyday to visit the local attractions: Ohiopyle, Falling Water, etc. But the Lodge is adequate and fairly clean. I agree with other reviewers that a fresh coat of paint is long overdue on the decking; we bought our own folding chairs. It is very relaxing to sit on the deck in the morning and have a cup of coffee. Breakfast is typical and basic: bagels, toast, coffee, juice, but little else, so enjoy one of the local restaurants in the area for a full breakfast selection. The room's door is on the outside and the step up into the room is somewhat steep, which many be a challenge for some.

Directly across the road is a small diner (Brick Oven) which should be avoided unless you are desperate; overpriced for the poor quality food and the service is terrible. The waitress served my wife's breakfast, but forgot that I also ordered as well. Huh? Apologies are hollow on an empty stomach. Inexcusable for any restaurant! There are much better dining options in the area. About a mile East on Route 40 is Braddock's Inn which has a very good breakfast, especially during Buckwheat Pancake season in the Fall and Winter. (Months with an "R"). Another 8 miles East on Route 40 is The Lone Star Restaurant and Chet's Cafe, both OK for breakfast. Best dinner in the area is Fabrizzi's Italian Restaurant near Jumonville. Family owned for 60 years or so and the homemade pasta is very good, so is the gravy. My wife and I had dinner there one evening and watched the hummingbirds feed on the porch. There is a Subway within a mile of the Lodge for a quick meal.

Room tip: Buildings 1, 2, and 3 are on a small lake with a walking path.
Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank mandt1984
Reviewed July 1, 2012

great place with comfortable nice and clean rooms. Affordable price and addition of breakfast was great. My kids loved fishing in the lake. Helpful and friendly staff with direction. Def. will stay again in few months!!

Room tip: Rooms overlooking lake!!
Date of stay: June 2012