Los Sarapes Authentic Mexican Restaurant and Villa Tequila Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good experience. Food was very good. Not crowded so it was good for a business meeting with very good service.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a nice more upscale mexican cuisine restaurant. It is perfect for couples. I thought the food was good but not great and the prices are a little high, you pay for the atmosphere. The drinks were good and there is a nice bar to sit and wait at. I think Habanero's (now closed) had the best authentic Mexican cuisine in the area and it's hard for me to get past their food...

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a hidden gem for sure! Food quality is excellent and if u r a fan of spicy salsa, don't forget to ask for their habenaro sauce. I wish they give more chips when u order the same (not free). Their house margarita is super and makes it worth. You just have to get someone else to drive!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My expectations were high as I walked in to delicious aromas. The kitchen did not disappoint. Appetizers and entrees were very good and well-presented. I asked for whole black beans instead of the standard refried, and the kitchen accommodated without a hitch.

Margarita was good, not great. Seating was a bit tight...tables are very close together. The music selection was odd for a Mexican restaurant, but certainly acceptable.

Bottom line: Would I return? Definitely!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The food here is good and service is normally fairly fast. The atmosphere is good but the place is a tad cramped.

I have had many different dishes here over the years and when I compare it to my recent trip to Mexico (non tourist "real" mexico) I see now how the food is somewhat "Americanized"...that is not necessarily a bad thing.

For example I really don't like most "real" Chinese food having grown up on the Americanized Chinese food.

I have a couple negatives though: 1) Expense -- This isn't $$$ money but it is $$. Really lunch will set you back about $20 dollars plus here. That is on the expensive side of lunch for me.

2) Portions -- We all know American's eat WAY too much but these are fairly modest portion sizes. Before I underwent a "life style" change (aka I eat allot less and try to exercise) I always left hungry. Even today I feel a little rumble in my tummy. Having been here numerous times throughout the years with various people .. I say only about 30 percent feel the portions are small but it is a double whammy to me. Smallish portions ...slightly more expensive.

3) Although I would not say this is kid unfriendly...do to the tight space and business clientele I would feel awkward bringing my family here with young children. Plus the menu really does not cater to kids meals etc.

Given that the food as a "tad expensive" and the portion size is a "tad small" and the place is a "tad cramped" with mostly business persons for lunch...

I still have to admit the food is taste and is one of the only non-Taco Bell locations around. I don't go weekly but this hits my rotation list for restaurants about every 3 months. I am never truly disappointed.

Travelers who viewed Los Sarapes Authentic Mexican Restaurant and Villa Tequila Bar also viewed

Chalfont, Bucks County

Doylestown, Bucks County
Doylestown, Bucks County

Been to Los Sarapes Authentic Mexican Restaurant and Villa Tequila Bar? Share your experiences!