“Good food, Nice but atmosphere if a tad cramped. Small portions.”

Los Sarapes Authentic Mexican Restaurant and Villa Tequila Bar
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Chalfont
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Good food, Nice but atmosphere if a tad cramped. Small portions.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The food here is good and service is normally fairly fast. The atmosphere is good but the place is a tad cramped.

I have had many different dishes here over the years and when I compare it to my recent trip to Mexico (non tourist "real" mexico) I see now how the food is somewhat "Americanized"...that is not necessarily a bad thing.

For example I really don't like most "real" Chinese food having grown up on the Americanized Chinese food.

I have a couple negatives though: 1) Expense -- This isn't $$$ money but it is $$. Really lunch will set you back about $20 dollars plus here. That is on the expensive side of lunch for me.

2) Portions -- We all know American's eat WAY too much but these are fairly modest portion sizes. Before I underwent a "life style" change (aka I eat allot less and try to exercise) I always left hungry. Even today I feel a little rumble in my tummy. Having been here numerous times throughout the years with various people .. I say only about 30 percent feel the portions are small but it is a double whammy to me. Smallish portions ...slightly more expensive.

3) Although I would not say this is kid unfriendly...do to the tight space and business clientele I would feel awkward bringing my family here with young children. Plus the menu really does not cater to kids meals etc.

Given that the food as a "tad expensive" and the portion size is a "tad small" and the place is a "tad cramped" with mostly business persons for lunch...

I still have to admit the food is taste and is one of the only non-Taco Bell locations around. I don't go weekly but this hits my rotation list for restaurants about every 3 months. I am never truly disappointed.

• Visited April 2013

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“So happy with the new hours.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Wow! What can I say about a fantastic Mexican restaurant that we have been going to since the 90s other than the fact that the food has always been on point. I used to hate waiting till 5pm for it to open with many other people. We love to go early to places and have before dinner cocktails or even a late lunch early dinner. Now with the new hours our favorite Mexican place offers that availability. They also offer a new menu with so many more scrumptious meal plates. The new chef is really on point and offers a fresher and different flavor on our faves. They still make the best margaritas and tequinis. They still have the warmest servers and the Marin family always has a way of making you feel like family.

• Visited December 2012
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful interior, authentic food”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

From the outside this place looks like a dive, but inside it is stunning. There's a fountain and lovely tilework. It's sort of like you're someplace exotic on vacation. While you wait for your food, they bring you salsa and homemade chips. The food is expensive, lunch has slightly better prices than dinner. It is also authentic Mexican, not Tex-Mex. If you're looking for a Taco Bell experience, this won't give it to you. No greasy double fried tacos or chimichonga's here. People seem to really like their maragherita's, I can't comment because I've only been there for lunch during the work day when drinking is a no no.

Visited June 2012
Chalfont
“Favorite Mexican restaurant in the area”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is my favorite Mexican restaurant. It is the place to go for authentic Mexican food, with good service and the best Margarita's you will have anywhere. It isn't a very big place, and tends to get crowded and noisy on the weekends. But if you want a place that is hopping and popular with the locals, with great food, this is it. Must try menu items: Chips and (very fresh) Salsa, Mole Poblano (incredible mole sauce) and if you are not sure what you want, the Mexican Combo.

• Visited September 2012
“Great food, lousy service, loud drunks”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Wondeeful food but unfortunately poor service. There was a table of very loud drunks behind us with women shrieking. This made it very difficult to converse. The service is woefully slow and unattentive. We had to beg for each refill on chips, ice tea bd water. It would be great if they could get their act together because the food is really superb.

Travelers who viewed Los Sarapes Authentic Mexican Restaurant and Villa Tequila Bar also viewed

Chalfont, Bucks County

Doylestown, Bucks County

Doylestown, Bucks County

Been to Los Sarapes Authentic Mexican Restaurant and Villa Tequila Bar? Share your experiences!