“Quite a selection of baked items”

Tabora Farm and Orchard
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Chalfont
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia
“Quite a selection of baked items”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

The first time I went was on a Friday afternoon. It was barely busy at all, so I had plenty of time to explore. The second time I went was on a weekend, and it was much busier with families with small children. It was in the early spring, so although they had plants and flowers, it was still early for farm-fresh produce.
I was impressed with the selection of baked goods, and how many of them were available for individual sale. As a single person, I don't need to buy the whole cake, one slice will do. And the assortment of cookies was almost astounding. The baked items were all self-serve and displayed up on tables about waist-high (some with shelves and doors) so it was easy to see what everything was and to reach for it. Again, as a single gal, it was nice to be able to take one or two of the varieties I wanted, rather than having to settle for a whole container.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Colleen O

Oswego, New York
“Yum Diddly Yum Dum Dum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Quaint, charming and rustic, Tabora farm and orchard brings me fresh and wholesome goodies every time I visit the greater Bucks County Area. I love the service, the friendly staff who make sure I always leave satisfied.

The new coffee bar and crepe station is a great addition, make sure you try the Nutella and banana crepes, OMG you will love it!!!!

Rock on Tabora, thanks for your awesome stuff, my waistline hates you.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bill W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Gourmet baked goods and quaint country atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This local country store and apple orchard has a wonderful selection of baked goods and deli/cooked food to offer, including homemade ice cream. It seems like most of what they sell is made on site and I have found the quality to be consistently high, though it's a bit pricey. There are few local bakeries nearby anymore, so having access to Tabora is very convenient. It looks like they have added a coffee bar though I haven't tried it. Fun place to take the kids apple picking in Fall! With regard to some of the other reviews, I have been stopping by there for years and haven't seen any decline in quality.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank urlaub14
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Fresh wholesome goodness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Filled with lots of fresh baked goods as well as other tasty treats and produce - much of what you get here - they grow here. Stop by regularly for great seasonal pies or produce. Their peaches are an annual favorite of ours!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Mark G
Wrightstown
“Tabora Farm has gone down in quality and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Recently and unfortunately Tabora Farm has taken a downhill turn for the worse, the people who work there are very unhelpful and seemed out of it, the ice cream that I came for was gloppy and unappetizing and the lady behind the ice cream counter did not seem interested in helping me, even though I told her I came specifically for the ice cream. When I wanted to ring up some produce a young lady with dark hair, seemed annoyed to wait on me and to give me a receipt. Plus, the place seemed dirty, not kept up for a food and store establishment. The owner really needs to back up their recent advertising campaign with intenal quality improvements mentioned in improving service and food.

• Visited August 2012