“Well worth a special occassion reservation”

Brandywine Prime Seafood & Chops
Reserve with OpenTable
Brandywine Prime Seafood & Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Chadds Ford
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Creek Road
Description: Located in the heart of the Brandywine Valley, Brandywine Prime is housed in a spectacular contemporary renovation of an historic 300 year old inn. The result is a modern American steakhouse specializing in preparations of fresh seafood and beef, and a modern Burger Bar with great happy hour specials. The old rooms at the Inn provide a perfect venue for rehearsals dinners, baby and bridal showers, private corporate events and intimate weddings from 10 to 100 guests.
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We've been using this restaurant for special occasions for the past few years. It's close to home, it's in an area with American history at every turn, and the food has always been good.

We decided on this place for our Mother's Day dinner. Attending were 3 of my children with their families and my wife and I; fourteen of us all together; 6 children. I'm sure that seeing all those kids walk in is not a server's dream come true, but our server was pleasant, helpful, and fun. Most of all, she was considerate of the kids' needs and preferences which made our dinner far more enjoyable than it otherwise might have been had we needed to tend to some of those issues without her involvement.

The food was simply delicious. My son-in-law and I split the octopus appetizer which I was tasty and tender. Soups and salads were excellent, and the array of steaks and kids' meals were great. The portions were generous so all except one of us left with the next day's lunch. Our dinner was a three hour affair that passed far too quickly. The kids were happy, I was happy, but most of all the Moms were happy. Mission accomplished.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I visited on a Saturday evening in April. We made reservations which was helpful although there were a couple open tables. Overall, we were very pleased with our server, Anthony. We started with their special salad. Unfortunately, I'm forgetting the components but it had some fruit and was really good. I then had the filet which was excellent. My wife had the scallops which she really enjoyed. We shared an order of fries. I enjoyed their Italian Pear Martini which was delicious. Overall, we had a great meal and will return.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The food was excellent, our waiter was knowledgeable and even brought out a slice of cake for Mom's birthday. The steak and fries were delicious.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Two of the four of us chose to try their Grilled Faroe Island Wild Salmon. It may have been the best salmon I ever had. The only disappointment we experienced was the calamari. The service was patient as we explored the menu options and responsive to all our requests.

My overall rating is less than perfect only because expensive steakhouses are not my favorite type of restaurant. If you are into steakhouses, you'd probably be very happy with this one. It's a fine one, not your typical Outback.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were there for Easter brunch while traveling to the area to see family. The restaurant is occupying a very-very old building. The wooden floor had many gaps in between the planks and I had to watch my step carefully so not to catch my shoe heels in those cracks. We were seated on a second floor which had its own buffet room. The buffet was less than mediocre in its selections and the taste, very sparse. No omelet station. The roast beef was overdone, dry and uneatable. There were no covers on dishes and 2-3 cold cut meats and smoked salmon were sitting there for a few hours and started to look grayish. No breads or pastries, no toaster, just small bagels cut into quarters. No tea, juice or coffee was included into the $30 pp buffet, only water. The eggs and a grilled trout were orderable from the kitchen - only one choice of hot dish per person. So you choose either eggs or trout. One of us got eggs over easy but there was no toast available. No jams or jelly. After repeated requests our waiter was kind enough to bring a toasted dinner bread. The restaurant staff was indifferent starting from the hostess to the people in the buffet station. We did like the trout and asparagus though. I wished we found out more about the place before deciding on taking the family there.