“Enjoyable early evening dinner”

Brandywine Prime Seafood & Chops
Reserve with OpenTable
Brandywine Prime Seafood & Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Chadds Ford
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Creek Road
Description: Located in the heart of the Brandywine Valley, Brandywine Prime is housed in a spectacular contemporary renovation of an historic 300 year old inn. The result is a modern American steakhouse specializing in preparations of fresh seafood and beef, and a modern Burger Bar with great happy hour specials. The old rooms at the Inn provide a perfect venue for rehearsals dinners, baby and bridal showers, private corporate events and intimate weddings from 10 to 100 guests.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We made a 5:30 dinner reservation mid-week for 6 friends who had spent the day touring and needed to relax. We arrived a bit early but were promptly seated at a spacious round table. Our servers were attentive, and the menu selection more than satisfied us. The salads are quite large and required our sharing. Our entrees included salmon, the rockfish special, braised short ribs, and free-range chicken. Because they arrived in such large bowl-like plates, at first glance they appeared small but proved to be filling enough. Everyone was pleased with their selections, and I noticed that each entrée had its own veggie or starch to accompany it. (This is definitely a step up from the places that serve their vegetable of the day with everything.) There was a fine assortment of desserts to end our meal, and most of us partook of one. All in all, this is a restaurant that I would definitely enjoy again. We had not been there since the days that it was the Chadds Ford Inn, and the directions given were correct: Don't enter their address into your GPS because it won't get you to the restaurant!

1  Thank Elaine C

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I visited Brandywine Prime on a Saturday night. We made reservations the night before which was good because they were busy. While just the poor luck of the draw, our table was seated at the entrance of one of the dining room so we were constantly bothered by servers and patrons coming and going next to our table.

Our server was friendly and accurate but seemed to disappear or be unavailable when we needed her. It took us longer to order than we would have liked and far longer for the plates to be cleared and to get the check. She didn't appear to have many tables.

My wife had the salad special which she really enjoyed. I had the grilled "caesar" which was just ok - it could have used more dressing and cheese for my taste. For the entrees, she had the wild salmon for $26.95 which she enjoyed (although she would have liked a small vegetable portion to go with it). I had the 8 oz filet mignon which was very good and cooked to my liking. We also split an order of the truffle fries which were sinfully good.

She had a glass of wine and I had the Pear Martini which was very good. Our total bill was $105.55 before the tip. A great evening with delicious food. The only reason that I'm not giving this five stars is the slow service.

1  Thank Woodstock1968
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Just about any restaurant in tiny Chadds Ford is worth s visit. Many moons ago it was more of a local pub type place for locals and now more of a tourist stop. Go and enjoy!!!

1  Thank FrogzRMe
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have only eaten here one time. That night there were some overly noisy people in the bar and nothing was done by the establishment to quiet them down. We had come for dinner on our anniversay and the rude people in the bar really detracted from our being able to enjoy our dinner. The food was ok - I liked my dinner better than my husband liked his, and he is a steak eater.
We have yet to return.

TimsinDE, Owner at Brandywine Prime Seafood & Chops, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your October visit to my restaurant. I like to think of my restaurant as an extension of the neighborhood. I strive to win guests over and call my place their home.

On most days my staff and I take great pride in providing warm hospitality and wonderful food. I will certainly speak with the staff about your experience, and how we must improve on that. Everything depends on it. I am not narrow minded enough to believe we get it right 100% of the time, and every once in a while a good customer will keep us on our toes.

Thank you being that customer, and not just throwing your hands up never to return.

As a local, independent restaurant, I rely on word of mouth and wonderful experiences instead of million dollar ad campaigns. In the end all I have is my reputation. Certainly it is never our goal to ruin a special occasion as they can never be repeated. I would love to extend some future hospitality. Reach out to me with your address, and I will pop a gift card in the mail to you. Please ask for me when you return.

Michael Majewski
Owner, Brandywine Prime Seafood and Chops

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A Dinner place trying to squeeze an extra buck. Our group dines frequently in and around Chester/Delaware County. This past Sunday we had a Brunch for 12 people. I can't begin to describe our utter disappointment with the service and (lack of) food. Unclear if the establishment has any clue on how to run an operation. The owner/Manager doesn't bother to show up until we leave? The staff was totally unprepared for our group (upon arrival, we were the only customers) so a bit perplexed as we sat down, why the server disappeared for ten minutes until we summoned him back. The level of inexperience and lack of any semblance of professionalism demonstrated was disturbing. Requests for water, coffee etc. were met with a hurried, bothered response and a "we'll get it when we can" attitude. Disorganized mayhem ensued. Sprint through the process. "here's how it works folks..." Pick an item. Serve yourself in the outer room, Be back later.

Outer room buffet? 5 Bagels sliced in half. No Breads. No oatmeal. No toaster. One dish of cream cheese. Half a bowl of fruit. One 9" quiche (already sampled by help sitting at bar reading a paper. Request for Jam/Jelly met with "we don't have jelly". Really? Restaurant. Sunday Brunch.

Four orders of Eggs Benedict arrive with overcooked eggs. Two orders of eggs over arrive cold.
Waffle (must have been made at area Hampton Inn) arrives cold. $3.75 for O.J. that's in a glass filled with ice?

Food dumped on table. "Wait staff" completely disappears. $20.00 PP plus fived gratuity/taxes
A disgrace. Not one employee (or the Manager/Owner) bothered to even ask "Gee, how was your disaster?"

1  Thank TOmmygun12013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to my restaurant. I like to think of my restaurant as an extension of the neighborhood. I strive to win guests over and call my place their home.

Michael Majewski