“One of the worst dining experiences I have had” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
West Chester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the worst dining experiences I have had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2009

After reading several very positive reviews, I was looking forward to celebrating a friends birthday at Big Fork. We had a large group and they had kindly offered us their back room to use. First: There was no heat. For most of the meal, the temperature (according to their thermostat) was at 59. Most of the party had their winter jackets on. Repeated requests of our waiter to adress this did not result in any changes. Food also came out cold. One particularly offensive moment was receiving MacNCheese that was still frozen in the middle. When this was returned to our waiter, he was back in a minute with an obviously nuked return of the original dish. A complaint to the manager re: heat in the room resulted in a very rude "we are trying to take care of it". With entrees around $26, you would expect service, setting and food quality that were much better than we received. We are absolutely NOT going back again.

1 Thank Foodandbeer

Pa
“outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2009

Enjoyed dinner very much, Short ribs and a fish dish,
Service was excellant, polite water guys, never knew they were open for lunch must try, wish they were open for brunch or Sundays

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Hockessin, DE
“Good Service, decent salad and main course, Dessert missed the mark”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2009

I love BYOBs.
The service was good.
The salads and main course items were acceptable.
The bananas foster crisp we had for dessert was very disappointing.
Overall, I'm not in a hurry to go back.

Philly Suburbs
“Impressed and will definitely be going back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2008

We live about 10 minutes from Big Fork yet never knew it existed until a co-worker raved about 'the best meal he had ever had.' This rave came at a perfect time because I was planning a 30th birthday dinner for my husband. I called Big Fork and spoke to Kevin who was incredibly helpful. Big Fork has a separate room which worked perfectly for the 9 people we had in our party. The service was great, the food outstanding, and the ambiance was perfect. I really cannot rave enough about the food. My husband and I are already planning our next dinner at Big Fork. FYI, Big Fork is a BYOB. This restaurant is a definite must try. Put it on your list!

Gwynedd, Pennsylvania
“Unpretentious place, great food in Chadds Ford”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2007

We heard high praise for this place and finally got there recently. It's located in a small, rather quaint shopping center called Old Ridge Village, and the restaurant itself is simple and unpretentious. The menu is fairly small-- perhaps six or eight appetizers and a similar number of entrees. However, each offering was interesting and the dishes we chose were really fine. A mushroom/onion soup with melted cheese was outstanding-- similar to French onion soup with mushrooms, in a rich, flavorful broth. One of us had the daily special of a rib eye steak that was quite simply the best steak we'd ever had, and the other a mushroom ravioli that was heaven sent, really-- melt-in-your mouth lush flavor, wonderful sauce. We finished every bit of both large dishes and had dessert too-- a raisin bread pudding topped with ice cream, and chocolate cake with a molten center, also with ice cream-- both very good but, we thought, not quite up to the standard of the rest of the meal. Next time-- and there will certainly be a next time-- I think we won't squander those dessert calories and save them for yet another meal.

2 Thank kaygee38