“Commercial Winery Short on Hospitality”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Chaddsford Winery

Chaddsford Winery
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Chadds Ford
More attraction details
Owner description: With a tradition dating back to 1982 and an annual production of over 30,000 cases of wine, Chaddsford Winery is among the oldest, largest, and most acclaimed wineries in Pennsylvania. Located in the beautiful Brandywine Valley, our goal is simple: craft approachable, food-friendly wines for every palate. Wine Tastings are offered seven days a week, and reservations are not required! However, groups of over 10 should call the winery to make sure we can accommodate your visit. Complimentary tours are offered at 11:30 AM and 2:30 PM on most Saturdays and Sundays. Be sure to check out our Events Calendar to see what fun, wine-centric event is happening this weekend! No outside alcohol or pets permitted.
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Commercial Winery Short on Hospitality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

My wife and I were looking forward to their Labor Day weekend festival which included wine tasting and live jazz music. Unfortunately, my wife had to pay $15 to be the designated driver to which she received absolutely nothing. In fact, I had to ask one of the owners to supply her with a bottle of water. When I asked him why the $15 to be the designated driver, he blamed it on the high price of the band. To be fair, the band was quite good and people did seem to be enjoying themselves.

Despite our experience, we went back 2 days later to buy some wine to be shipped. After having to get a "purchase pass," we found the staff in the store to be pushy and too concerned with getting us out the door in a hurry so that they could get back to their festival.

Very poor customer service overall. I'd advise going to the other Brandywine vineyards.

3 Thank MichaelRoy