“Delish!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I have to admit I had mixed feelings about trying Hank's Place after reading a few of the negative reviews below, but my husband had driven by many times and it was always busy so he figured the food must be good. Well let me just say I was impressed! We took my mom for an early mother's day lunch. She had the crab cake sandwich and raved about it. I had the spinach Portobello salad. Yummy! And my husband had the spaghetti and meatballs which he loved. We even splurged on a piece of strawberry pie. While not my favorite kind, it was very good. The staff was so friendly, making sure we were ok while we waited and although the wait was long, I don't think we waited five minutes for our food. Our server was wonderful and very attentive. My ONLY issue is that it was so packed and tight, my mom, who uses a walker, had a difficult time and I was kind of crammed in an aisle. Crazy, crowded and noisy, but fun! I'd go again in a heartbeat. Only wish we were closer. So don't believe any of the sourpuss reviews. Go have a good time and enjoy a great meal....oh and take cash. No cards accepted.

There are newer reviews for Hank's Place

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stopped here and the food was excellent. Very basic in looks, you just walk in and find a seat. I had a lamb gyro with homemade sauce which was delish! Definitely stop here as opposed to the chain restaurants.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This place is supposed to be an "institution" in the Brandywine Valley. Ho hum. As with most institutions, it relies more on reputation than performance. Basic diner food with no atmosphere. Pricey for what you get. We waited 10 minutes at the cash register during the lunch rush while the owner pulled the drawer to count cash. No apology offered. Don't go out of your way to dine at Hank's.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Your decision to visit Hank's place will be governed by need and finances. If you need comfort
food in a pleasant diner-setting this is good. The price is absolutely right for the budget conscious.
It's location and available parking are A +++. I have lived in the area for 16 years.

1  Thank CHARLES Q
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Fun place for a quick meal. Great service. Atmosphere is that of a typical diner. Friendly staff. A bit pricey.

Been to Hank's Place? Share your experiences!