“Philly Cheese Steak is the reason to stop”
Review of Hank's Place

Hank's Place
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Chadds Ford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Philly Cheese Steak is the reason to stop”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a little roadside restaurant with a will to survive. When we saw all the cars in the parking lot, we had to stop. It was full of locals. The Philly cheese steak was well season - but skip the marinera sauce. There had a strawberry pie that one could plunge your face into. Unfortunately we were too full to give it a try. Lots of different items on the menu to suit all tastes. No liquor though.

Visited July 2013

Bernardsville, New Jersey
“Local breakfast hot spot”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in the area for the weekend for a wedding . After driving by the day before we noticed people waiting to get into this local hot spot . After checking out of our hotel and before heading home we decided to stop for breakfast . What a great find. We were seated rather promptly and the staff was very friendly and courteous. They have an extensive breakfast menu from waffles , pancakes, frittatas, omelettea of all kinds. I had the egg white mushroom special omelette that was delicious. I also had a side of sausage that are memes to be homemade . My boyfriend had the western omelette that was wonderful as well. This is a great place and we were do glad we stopped .

Villanova, Pennsylvania
“Noisy and Bland”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I met some men friends at 8:30am on a Tuesday for breakfast. In a previous breakfast with the guys, I came away feeling good that I had seen them; but it was not relaxing, even though we sat in the rear away from most people. The omlet was bland. This visit was worse. The omlet was bland and cold, and the toast was dry and cold. The home fries were greasy and cold. The worst was the noise. We sat across from the counter. I could not hear the friend sitting next to me unless he spoke really loud. I had to lean across the table to speak to my other friend. This place gets crowded apparently because a famous artist was regular many years ago.

pgh
“Tasty, Fast-Paced Breakfast”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Some locals recommended this place to us for breakfast while we were staying in Kennett Square, PA, so we decided to check it out. At 9:00 on a Monday morning, the place was bustling. The menu has all the usual breakfast items plus some unusual ones. We chose the banana chocolate chip pancakes and the apple french toast, which were both excellent. The place is loud and the service is fast. While our waitress was not rude, we could sense that they want you in and out fairly quickly. Yes, we would recommend Hank's Place for a high quality, quick breakfast. However, if you're looking for a leisurely place to linger over your meal, you might want to go elsewhere.

West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Small Crab cakes, and Noisy!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stopped by here on a rainy Friday afternoon at 2:00, and the place was packed! Crab cake was served on a nice-sized Kaiser roll, but was the size of a meatball, so much more bun than crabcake. Fries were okay, nothing special. Tuna Melt ordered was served on a burnt English muffin, topped with cheese and lots of paprika. Grilled cheese was on plain old white bread with plenty of cheese, the best sandwich choice in our group.

Atmosphere was very loud and noisy. definitely a skip for lunch, and just do breakfast.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Hank's Place? Share your experiences!