The Pennsbury Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Chadds Ford B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Pennsbury Inn offers a free stay to veterans on Veteran's Day. This year my wife and I took them up on this generous offer, as did a few other couples, and we're very happy that we did. The Inn and its gardens are beautiful and peaceful. The rooms are clean, comfortable and full of character. Chip and Cheryl are warm people and very hospitable hosts who clearly enjoy what they do and do it well. They went out of their way to ensure that all the guests had a pleasant stay and found local restaurants and attractions of interest. We all had a great time, and I would recommend the Pennsbury without reservations to any travelers to the Chadd's Ford area.

My wife and I stayed at the Pennsbury Inn on Veteran's Day with a few other couples. They are one of the B&B's that offer a free night to veterans

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheryl G, Owner at The Pennsbury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We wish that we had more rooms to give away to our well-deserving veterans, and hope that next year more of the area B&B's will participate.

We will certainly be participating on Veteran's Day-2014!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Loved our stay at Pennsbury Inn. Chip was a great host and made awesome breakfast. Tucker the Pennsbury mascot was an awesome little dog and made us feel at home. Tucker showed us around the property and even hang out with us in the evening while drinking wine near the pond. I left a bag and water pillow there by mistake. Chip sent it overnight to our next B&B in Chambersburg PA. It was very kind of him and we appreciate him draining the 10 lb pillow before sending it! LOL

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

So my visit was a year &1/2 ago. But while posting a review this location popped up - and brought back vivid wonderful memories. When one travels, one hopes that such a thing will happen..right?? It deserves every 5 star review. The owners are wonderful, informative & kept my young children fasinated by the history. They learned the definition of "Turnpike" from Chip - and I have heard the lesson countless times from my children since! It is the little things that count, it was my birhtday. The owners knew it from my wifes' reservation. My wife had brought a little cake for us to have. But what was special..when we returned in the evening to settle down..the fire place was lit at the bottom of our stairs and these wonderful festive cupcakes were set upon the coffee table for us to celebrate again. Outstanding!!
Yes it is located by all the things your are gonna want to do in the area, be it civil war, gardens or a wine tour. Easy to get to and just a great place. If you are gonna spend money to stay somewhere - this choice will not let you done. So to Chip and his wife..thank you for the memories - your kindness shall never be forgotten. We have driven past several times since - and send our love to you each time. Thanks for the warmth. Did I mention they have awesome fire places!!!! Peace and Safe Travels.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs in the addition - as I think you would call it. Great, great great. Had it'...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent one night in August at the Pennsbury Inn after seeing a concert at Longwood Gardens. The Inn is located just a few minutes drive from the Gardens and also from downtown Kennett Square. We stayed in the Winterthur Suite which has an amazing view of the garden. Cheryl and Chip were friendly and very knowledgeable about the area and recommended a great restaurant for dinner. In the morning, Chip cooked fresh omelettes from scratch and gave us a historical tour of the house which we enjoyed very much. I highly recommend the Pennsbury Inn!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Pennsbury Inn while visiting the area over Labor Day. Chip and Cheryl really know how to make you feel comfortable without being obtrusive. The house is fascinating - they have restored the home and preserved its wonderful history while also including all the modern comforts. The hosts were a wealth of info regarding the history of the area and making recommendations for restaurants and sites. Excellent food, turn-down service with special bedtime treats and a welcoming environment that encouraged full use of the house and beautiful gardens. We hope to return in the winter to enjoy relaxing by the fire.

Room Tip: We stayed in the John Marshall room with separate bath. Great bargain and having the bath next door...
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was a special weekend to celebrate my 65th birthday. My husband had never been to a B&B and had no idea what to expect. I have stayed at several very nice ones and had high hopes for a wonderful B&B experience for the both of us. From the moment we arrived we felt at home. Chip greeted us at the door and made us feel welcome. The inn is charming filled with lovely antiques and history. Chip if full of historical information about the inn and sites to visit. I immediately bonded with Cheryl with our shared love of quilts and gardening. Our only regret is we did not get to spend as much time in the gardens. It was very romantic sitting in the swing looking at the sculptured water features and plantings. The breakfast were very delicious and the dining experience led to conversations with other guests. The inn is conveniently located to many
of the local attractions. We are planning another visit for the winter season. To sum it up the experience was truly beyond our expectations!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I visited the Pennsbury Inn back in April and the experience was truly enchanting. I was only able to stay one afternoon and night but I loved every minute of it. The historical stories Cheryl shared with me were fascinating, the hosts were charming, and the food and grounds were both to die for. One day I hope to return, for a longer stay. I endorse this Inn highly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
2 mi away
Fairville Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Pennsbury Inn? Share your experiences!