Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn
Brandywine River Hotel(Chadds Ford)(Great Value!)
$134
$110
Brinton Hotel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$94
Sentinel Motel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$80
$116
Hampton.com
$189
TripAdvisor
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel(Glen Mills)(Great Value!)
$105
$98
BestWestern.com
All reviewscarriage housesweet potato pancakesan enjoyable staydiscounted ticketsfellow guestssmall kitchenbrandywine river museumsitting areahome away from homeperfect locationcomfortable bedhostssuiteamenitiesbath
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My wife and I just completed our second stay at Longwood B&B. As previously we were very happy with our accommodations, cleanliness, location, amenities and breakfast. For the area, the price is very reasonable. John and Barbara have thought of everything. We would highly recommend the Longwood B&B if you visit the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Craig-Lois
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We travel thru Chadds Ford Pa on our way to the Jersey shore. We love to visit at least one of the tourist attractions in the area each visit. The Brandywine museum, Nemours,Longwood Garden...... Lots to see.

The Longwood Bed & Breakfast is a great place to stay. Good place to relax after a day of travel or site seeing. John is a wonderful host, he knows the area and can give helpful advice if asked. We do not like an over bearing host so John fits the bill for us.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mcbicky
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had such an enjoyable stay, we returned. John and Barbara are thoughtful hosts. We had great meals at their recommendations for evening dining. Suite was clean, with plenty of space and details well thought out. Breakfasts are tasty and varied.The grounds are a pleasant experience from the chaise on the patio. Location is central to local attractions, it is great place to base a Brandywine Valley exploration.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn F
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I so enjoyed my first stay at Longwood B&B that I returned a few weeks later -- and each time, my fellow guests were repeat visitors. I stayed in the 2nd floor Brandywine suite each time. It has a large bedroom with a queen bed plus a bed in a gabled alcove, a sitting room with two arm chairs and a flat screen t.v., and a spacious bathroom. Just outside the suite is a small kitchen with dinette table and chairs and off of that a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the lovely yard. Although originally a 19th century barn, the building was completely redone in the 1990s and has a very pleasant country-style but not fusty decor. The design is extremely well thought-out -- every time I thought "I wonder if there's a ..." I found it, and generally in the first place I looked. The only thing missing is a full length mirror. I have slept well in both the beds, worked comfortably at the desk overlooking the garden, watched a movie from the ample dvd collection available in the parlor, fixed tea from the selection available in the small kitchen, drunk coffee from the Keurig maker that's always available in the dining room, and used wine glasses, dishes and utensils from the small kitchen to eat a take-out meal. The breakfasts have all been excellent. The hosts, John and Barbara, are pleasant, unobtrusive, and very knowledgeable about the area. And it's conveniently located between Winterthur and Longwood Gardens. Now, for me, yet another reason to visit the beautiful Brandywine Valley is the opportunity to stay at Longwood B&B.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank elizabarry
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Longwood Bed & Breakfast, mostly due the accommodating , helpful & friendly manner of the host/mgr, John. It's quiet, clean & classy. The renovations, done since our 1st visit in 2009, made the inn even more attractive. The location made it accessible, for walking to local stores, & a bank. This place makes our Boston visit, a lovely retreat.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms make it more accessible, to get to your car.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business