“Home away from home”

Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chadds Ford
Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Chadds Ford B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I so enjoyed my first stay at Longwood B&B that I returned a few weeks later -- and each time, my fellow guests were repeat visitors. I stayed in the 2nd floor Brandywine suite each time. It has a large bedroom with a queen bed plus a bed in a gabled alcove, a sitting room with two arm chairs and a flat screen t.v., and a spacious bathroom. Just outside the suite is a small kitchen with dinette table and chairs and off of that a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the lovely yard. Although originally a 19th century barn, the building was completely redone in the 1990s and has a very pleasant country-style but not fusty decor. The design is extremely well thought-out -- every time I thought "I wonder if there's a ..." I found it, and generally in the first place I looked. The only thing missing is a full length mirror. I have slept well in both the beds, worked comfortably at the desk overlooking the garden, watched a movie from the ample dvd collection available in the parlor, fixed tea from the selection available in the small kitchen, drunk coffee from the Keurig maker that's always available in the dining room, and used wine glasses, dishes and utensils from the small kitchen to eat a take-out meal. The breakfasts have all been excellent. The hosts, John and Barbara, are pleasant, unobtrusive, and very knowledgeable about the area. And it's conveniently located between Winterthur and Longwood Gardens. Now, for me, yet another reason to visit the beautiful Brandywine Valley is the opportunity to stay at Longwood B&B.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank elizabarry

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Longwood Bed & Breakfast, mostly due the accommodating , helpful & friendly manner of the host/mgr, John. It's quiet, clean & classy. The renovations, done since our 1st visit in 2009, made the inn even more attractive. The location made it accessible, for walking to local stores, & a bank. This place makes our Boston visit, a lovely retreat.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms make it more accessible, to get to your car.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Camille P
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Longwood B&B is just delightful. Nice suite -- two rooms + bathroom, including a cozy nook for reading. Delicious breakfast -- fruit, coffee, sausage and eggs, sweet potato pancakes, and more. The host (John) is friendly, helpful, and very knowledgable about local attractions. We had an amazing time.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raphael B
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised to find an excellent room with a superb host who was friendly, attentive, and very helpful. John made our three night stay one of our best experiences with a b&b. Location is very good and convenient

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank enohpi21
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Friendly, attentive, comfortable with a well appointed room, and a great breakfast to boot. A real bargain, just 1.0 mile from Longwood Gardens in a very tranquil setting in the Chadd's Ford/Brandywine area of PA. Overall a superb weekend

Room Tip: any room is good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My grandmother and I stayed at the Longwood Bed and Breakfast over the weekend and we had a great stay! It is less than 1 mile from Longwood Gardens (a MUST see! Just beautiful). We stayed in a 3 room suite, it was very clean and nice and big! We had a large bedroom, sitting area, and bathroom. The view looked over the peaceful backyard filled with many trees and a koi pond. John (owner) prepared breakfast each morning (one morning- pineapple and coconut bread along with a quiche and roasted asparagus, the next was an egg and veggie souffle with ham) all served alongside fresh fruit (blackberries, kiwi, cantalope, honeydew, peaches) and fresh coffee, OJ and tea. The other guests were also very pleasant and fun to talk to at breakfast. John (owner) was very knowledgeable about the area's history and suggested things to do. The price is very reasonable for this bed and breakfast and it felt as if we were staying at a friend's house!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank shed28
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The owner John is very calm, professional, and easy to talk to. He gladly escorted my fiancé and I around the carriage house and answered any questions we had. I went home and reserved online. In the form, there is a spot for special requests, in which I requested I be permitted to check in early on the day of my wedding, so I wouldn't have to wait until very late in the evening. I also wanted my mom and two sisters to come with me, help me put on my dress, and do our make up together. John had said this likely wouldn't be a problem, as we were getting a room mid week. A few days later I received a phone call in which a woman kept suggesting other B&B's, expressed her distaste for my failure to be up front about the check in time and the bridal party, stated it would be a liability concern to have other people in the room, and then insulted me when I asked what the check in time was anyway, in case I would like to stay but rearrange our plans, because "well, it's all over our website and I am certain my husband told you when you were here," as if I was not permitted to forget. I tried to explain that we are not having a traditional ceremony with lots of guests and I am quite flexible. But, she finally admitted she did not want me to stay there. She rudely assumed the details of my wedding and without even trying to accommodate me, she made me feel like I was out of line for making any special requests. I guess they should not have a "requests" box on the reservations!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford

Been to Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!