“Rudely refused service. Never got to stay!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn

Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chadds Ford
Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn
You added Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 4 Chadds Ford B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Rudely refused service. Never got to stay!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The owner John is very calm, professional, and easy to talk to. He gladly escorted my fiancé and I around the carriage house and answered any questions we had. I went home and reserved online. In the form, there is a spot for special requests, in which I requested I be permitted to check in early on the day of my wedding, so I wouldn't have to wait until very late in the evening. I also wanted my mom and two sisters to come with me, help me put on my dress, and do our make up together. John had said this likely wouldn't be a problem, as we were getting a room mid week. A few days later I received a phone call in which a woman kept suggesting other B&B's, expressed her distaste for my failure to be up front about the check in time and the bridal party, stated it would be a liability concern to have other people in the room, and then insulted me when I asked what the check in time was anyway, in case I would like to stay but rearrange our plans, because "well, it's all over our website and I am certain my husband told you when you were here," as if I was not permitted to forget. I tried to explain that we are not having a traditional ceremony with lots of guests and I am quite flexible. But, she finally admitted she did not want me to stay there. She rudely assumed the details of my wedding and without even trying to accommodate me, she made me feel like I was out of line for making any special requests. I guess they should not have a "requests" box on the reservations!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
8 Thank Laura P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

In our plans to visits Longwood Gardens we found Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn. My husband and I would highly recommend these accommodates for those in this area. Our Suite was very tastefully appointed and very comfortable. Great detail was given to provide the guest with detailed information on attractions and restaurants in the area. John the host served a delicious breakfast the next morning. Johns went out of his way to make sure that all our needs were met while allowing you to enjoy our personal privacy. My husband and I wish that we had planned to stay more than one night at the Inn. We will defintely stay here again,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eg1974
MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Three of us stayed in the Winterthur Suite for five nights while attending my son's wedding, and wished we could have stayed longer. John was most accommodating, readily available but of sight in his own home, providing us tremendous privacy. The entire carriage house was extremely plush and fantastically neat and clean, with every amenity one could desire. Breakfasts were served at our choice of times and John provided us ample choices, serving fresh fruit and nut bread in addition to the main course. The beds were amazingly comfortable and the central air was quiet and responsive. One warm bug-free night we enjoyed wine and cheese on the upstairs deck while watching the sun set - very relaxing. It's not often you find a B&B this perfect - my hat's off to the host.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marksal s
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We have stayed at the Longwood Bed & Breakfast numerous times. The B&B is located in a beautifully restored carriage house with lovely gardens. It is minutes from Longwood Gardens and other attractions such as the Brandywine Museum, Wyeth Museum, Hagley Museum, and Winterthur.

The rooms are charmingly decorated and ultra clean. We usually stay in the 'blue Suite", as we call it. It is roomy with a big bedroom, large bath, sitting room, and a second bedroom, should you need it. A lovely breakfast was served each morning, and was simply delicious.

There is also a kitchenette outside the suite where you can brew coffee or tea, and a refrigerator for storing cold drinks.

John and Barbara were very accomodating and went out of their way so that we had an enjoyable time.

These owners know how to do things right so you have an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank springlake07762
Piscataway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Went with friends to spend a girls' weekend and the inn exceeded our expectations. John and his lovely daughter went out of their way to see that our needs were met, including getting us discounted tickets in advance to tourist sites, recommending restaurants, and making reservations. Breakfast was delicious, our suite was spotless and comfortable, and the location couldn't be beat. Highly recommended -- will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank hildy9595
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

so very comfortable and tidy and spacious and light....big bathroom! I didn't eat because I was visiting a friend and we went out, but it looked and smelled delicious! there was a kitchenette outside my door and I could have tea at anytime and also snacks and cookies downstairs in the cozy dining area. can't wait to go back to see my friend and stay here!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank jmandak
Fort Lee, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

We currently live right outside of NYC, and were searching to find the perfect retreat for us in Pennsylvania, as we are both originally from the state. We found it!! Longwood Bed and Breakfast was the ideal getaway for us. When we arrived for our weekender, we were welcomed by the hosts, a polite couple and their daughter. The suite that we chose was the Winterthur Suite which actually has a separate dayroom as well as the large master suite. A welcome change from our cramped living in New York. The suite was charming with extra touches everywhere you looked, and an amazing view of the property, we really felt pampered! My only regret is that we had such little time, and would really have benefitted from an extended stay, maybe 4 days. Longwood Gardens was beautiful and relaxing but we would really have liked to see the Brandywine River Museum as well. Breakfast was served at our convenience downstairs, complete with caramel scones, berry plate, and petite pancakes. We will most certainly be back in the future. Thank you so much for making our stay memorable and relaxing.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kennett Square Brandywine Valley
BEST WESTERN Plus Concordville Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford

Been to Longwood Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!