“Great view!”

Mount Nittany Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I've been here several times since moving into the area. The view is gorgeous. They have an outside deck as well during the warmer months which is nice. The food to me is okay. I actually enjoyed the appetizers more than the main meals. I do have to say that the brunch is excellent though, and I wish it was offered both Saturday and Sunday (currently only on Sundays) The brunch menu doesn't have much, but it is absolutely delicious and well worth the wait until Sunday! The service can be a bit slow even when it doesn't seem busy, but that doesn't bother me as this is not a place I would go to have a quick meal anyway. The decor is a bit lackluster, but i'm not a country theme type of person so that's just my opinion on the style. The view makes up for that anyway. Will return, especially for brunch!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We went to see the view. Sign said new chef. I'd only been there once before and the food was fine then. Now the menu is creative. Wonderful baked Brie. Loved the scampi and goat cheese and duck salad. Many fun beers. We plan to return soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

If you want a fabulous view while you eat, this is the best place in the State College area to come. Any time of year, you can't beat the view and its worth waiting for a window seat. I have had some great food at this place and some not so great items. I have found that I prefer their appetizer and bar menu to their dinner menu. While some of the dinner items are fine, they are nothing special and I always seem to get dry chicken (with the chicken dinners). However, I love their appetizers, salads, and sandwiches. When I come I tend to go to the bar and order from that menu as opposed to the dinner menu. It is always good, and the wait staff always does a good job.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We have been here twice in the last month (mostly due to winning a gift certificate on a local radio station) and absolutely loved it. The restaurant is very clean and the tables are spread out nicely so there is no overcrowding between guests. All of the staff was friendly and the service was fast. They have some awesome weeknight specials where you can get some great food at a really affordable price.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We made a reservation for 21 family members the day before going.
The food was OK but the service for terrible. We had to tell them our drinks because nobody came to ask. Then We had to be telling them to refill our drinks all the time.
We had to wait 2 hours to get our dishes that were all sandwiches or hamburguers.
A restaurant like this one should have a better service and a better attention.
I am not going anymore. I prefer to go even to a Mc Donalds before.

1  Thank David F