“Was not dissatisfied at all”
Review of Mount Nittany Inn - CLOSED

Mount Nittany Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Was not dissatisfied at all”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I took my friend for lunch we had the steak salads and we both enjoyed the freshness and also the steak, very good & want to try more next time I'm in the area .

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Stray77

Port Royal
“Much better than the reviews”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This past Saturday a group of six women meet for a 2.5 hour lunch at this restaurant. At the end of the meal we talked and said "I read the reviews and I was worried." Our experience was very good....great few, accommodations for those who could not walk steps, friendly wait staff, reservationist was very helpful both times I spoke to her.
Nice diversity in the menu. The food was wonderful. Salads were beautiful, fresh, non-ordinary, and the dressings were very tasty. Could have had more greens. Sandwiches had mutliple ingredients for unique and delightful tastes. Brie appetizer in puff pastry with fruit topping -- i'd go back for. Desserts were wonderful -- I had a blueberry/cream cheese filling torte -- going back for it.
We could see others enjoying smaller rooms.
Price was higher than other area restaurant..... $10 salad could have had more greens.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LaunatkPortRoyal
State College, Pennsylvania
“Great View, but that's about it”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went for Easter buffet after hearing advertisements on the radio for it.
Spent $50 for 2 and left hungry.
Started with probably the best part of the day, salad. Gorgonzola and Strawberry Salad. Went downhill from there. Had two entree dishes, both had very little flavor. Only could get through 1/2 piece of each. Dried breakfast potatoes, tasteless bacon, not very good ham on carving station and omelet tasted like Egg Beaters. Oh, and yes, I do know what Egg Beaters taste like. Have them every week.
A few desserts thrown on the table. It looked very unprofessional. Sort of like they were just feeding family.
Will not go back.

• Visited March 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“Can't beat the view and the value”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family returns here year after year for every holiday dinner and an ocassional wine pairing dinner. We also held my Mom's 70th b-day party here too. They have changed their name; I believe that they are now referred to as The Inn at Mount Nittany. Family/friend owned and operated; the view is breathtaking on a clear day (don't look straight down!), and it's good food for a good price. Their service is good and they're offering more events/activities and themes.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Pam S
Macungie,PA
“Beautiful view, average to good food”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We ate in the Looking Glass Lounge, which offers the regular menu as well as more casual fare. All sandwiches are $10.00, but any sides, fries, are extra and 2.00 each. My husband said his steak sandwich with mushrooms was light on the meat. I had an onion leek tart with a beet salad; the tart slice was not that large for $18.00. Granted, we pay a lot for fine dining, but I felt it was overpriced for what we got. The poor bartender had to fill restaurant drink orders, and wait on us as well as take care of the bar customers. It was not busy for a Saturday night, but it seemed understaffed. The food was fairly tasty, and a bit better than the ordinary choices. I would give it another try.

• Visited October 2012