“Go for the view, stay for the food”
Review of Mount Nittany Inn - CLOSED

Mount Nittany Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Willoughby Hills, Ohio, United States
“Go for the view, stay for the food”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

So, the BF and I drive past this restaurant at least once a month for the past year and we have always wanted to try it, but have never had time. Well, we had family traveling with us this last week and we decided it would be the perfect time to finally stop. The weather was perfect, but even if it wasn't, the View is still amazing no matter what.

I have to admit, when I first looked at their menu, I was a bit sceptical - they seemed to have very pretentious options, but luckily, it wasn't at the expense of the actual taste, and what's more, even though they are using a large amount of organic/local/artisan ingredients, the prices are not overly inflated like they can get.

The only down side was that service was a bit slow. The waitress was helpful and attentive, but the food took a good bit to actually come out to us. Not sure if this had to do with the fact that they had just started their fall menu or if it was just par for the course. Luckily, we weren't in any hurry. So, as long as you aren't expecting rushed service, this isn't a real problem.

All in all, a definitely great place to go.

• Visited October 2012

Fairfax, Virginia
“Very Good Overall Experience”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ate here twice over the past month during football weekends and came here to get away from the madness of downtown State College. We enjoyed it both times as service was efficient and food was good. On the second trip our daughter had the filet mignon and it was very good but they cooked it slightly rarer than she expected. But she didn't send it back and enjoyed it. My seafood scampi was very good and wife enjoyed her prime rib both times we went. Nice view and we'll be back but we wish they would have some specials to enhance their menu.

• Visited October 2012
Erie, PA
“Food is outstanding!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had a little bit of everything at our table! One member ordered a steak salad and said it was good but the "Italian" dressing burned her lips (I think they may have switched it with the peppercorn by mistake). One of us had a steak with fingerling potatoes and said it was an excellent piece of meat. I opted for the veal oscar. I will admit I was skeptical when it was served and the "crab cake" turned out to be crab meat loose with peppers. However, it was very tasty and I enjoyed it. It took a long time to get our bottle of wine, but it ended up being comped by the waiter, as he got caught up in a conversation with another guest. All in all a great experience. We have been there many times in the past, and though it has lost some of the ambience of the "old charm" the food is worth going for.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank atyger7
holland
“More for the view”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Food was not bad, though a bit over-priced. The view over the valley very good (if the visibility is good)

• Visited August 2012
Leola, Pennsylvania
“A Surprise on the top of the Hill”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stopped here on our way to The Nature Inn at Bald Eagle State Park. It was a rainy overcast day ,but the view must be outstanding on a clear day. The air conditioning was working overtime cause as we got out of our car another customer advised us to take our jackets which we were thankful we did. My husband had onion soup and I had the blackened catfish sandwich (delicious) At the end of our meal and after I had asked for a box my husband got a cup of coffee which he consumes rapidly. We waited and waited for our check and I had to ask another waitress to ask our server to bring the check.
The woman's restroom was very pretty and clean.

• Visited September 2012