“Wonderful !”

Ranked #2 of 2 Centre Hall B&B and Inns
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed during August 2012 and we were very pleased. And the breakfast - absolutely amazing! We will stay here again. Oh, also free (and fast) wifi. Extremely clean, nice and quiet, and the family that runs it are very friendly and helpful. We could easily sit and chat with them. And oh, the breakfast - incredible.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "romance" room, complete with a large jacuzzi tub and great private bathr...
Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
philadelphia, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed there over Memorial Day weekend. My daughter had a 3 day volleyball tournament and all the hotels in State College were booked. I am glad they were. The b and b was just about 20 minutes from the college, and worlds away. It was quiet and peaceful. The hosts Ernie and Kathy were wonderful and made me right at home, the breakfasts were delicious and they we very accommodating with my crazy early hours. The pond was very peaceful and the house was very clean. The beds were a little firmer than I liked but that is just personal taste. Being a women and alone, I never felt unsafe, but I felt very safe and comfortable. Ernie and Kathy were there every morning to keep my company as I ate a wonderful, delicious breakfast. They were very accommodating to my dietary needs as well. Next year I will go there again.

Room Tip: There were two rooms on the first floor. The steps are very steep.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank karenandsteve
Narvon Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

I agree with Home Away for Home. This is my first B&B. As a travel agent I usually stay in top hotels but this was quite an enjoyable experience sharing a living room and dining area with another couple. There was plenty of reading material which I took advantage of and plenty of great conversation. This B&B is used extensively by Penn State folks but would be a great place to host a family reunion, men's or women's group. There are five rooms. Had a superb pizza at the Italian place about 50 feet away. There is also a gift/home furnishing shop just down the street from the Italian Restaurant that you should also visit. Great owner and neat stuff. Not only are Ernie and Kathy wonderful people but the others I met when I went walk about were equally friendly, helpful, and informative.

Room Tip: The Romance Room is the best for older people as it is located on the first floor closest to the doo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here as a weekend getaway... It was fantastic! The inn keepers felt like friends from the moment we arrived. The romance suite was beautifully decorated and very cozy. The experience was certainly above my expectation!

If you decide to go to this bnb, plan to have dinner at the Italian restaurant next door, delicious!

• Stayed January 2012
alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Returned from a football weekend ( Alabama-Penn State) and had a great stay at the Keller HOuse. Rooms were nice and spacious, breakfast was yummy and lots of it, Kathy and Ernie were great host. Helped us with maps and places to eat and back roads to take to State College. Everyone had fun talking the other 6 guest even tho the Bama folks outnumbered the Penn State fans.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at the Keller House on the way to pick up our son at Camp Woodward, approximately 20 miles away. Ernie and Kathy have done a phenomenal job with the house. It is not only immaculate, but packed with character.

The bed was comfortable, the breakfast (and the coffee!) was amazing, and the Centre Hall setting is very quaint. This is the perfect spot for Woodward families, anybody visiting Penn State, or anybody looking for a relaxing retreat in Penns Valley.

Ernie and Kathy are great hosts, and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Next time we might try the Garden Room to avoid the Pennsylvania Ave. traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MitchDunn
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

I went to Centre County, PA with my fiance and Grandparents to do some research on our family history. The Keller House was a perfect "home base" from which to launch our operation. We stayed in the Garden Suite, which is on the second floor and features a Queen size bed (for Grandma and Grandpa) and a fold-out couch (for my fiance and I). Kathy and Ernie made sure we felt welcome and offered assistance with finding some potential distant relatives. They also accommodated my dietary restriction and made wonderful breakfasts that really started our days off right! I would definitely recommend the Keller House to anyone looking to stay in the State College/Bellefonte area. The Keller House is also a short distance from Penn's Cave, which is a great attraction.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centre Hall
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Park Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
Nittany Lion Inn
Nittany Lion Inn
#3 of 26 in State College
Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Milesburg
Earlystown Manor Bed and Breakfast

Been to Keller House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!