Keller House Bed and Breakfast
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites(State College)(Great Value!)
$83
Econo Lodge Motel(Bellefonte)
$71
$62
EconoLodge
$88
Country Inn
Hilton Garden Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
$119
Hampton Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$101
$71
Residence Inn State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$122
$118
Quality Inn(Milesburg)
$103
$95
QualityInn
Courtyard State College(State College)(Great Value!)
$118
All reviewsgreat hostsa wonderful place to stayromance suitegarden suiteroom was cleanpsu
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I agree with Home Away for Home. This is my first B&B. As a travel agent I usually stay in top hotels but this was quite an enjoyable experience sharing a living room and dining area with another couple. There was plenty of reading material which I took advantage of and plenty of great conversation. This B&B is used extensively by Penn State folks but would be a great place to host a family reunion, men's or women's group. There are five rooms. Had a superb pizza at the Italian place about 50 feet away. There is also a gift/home furnishing shop just down the street from the Italian Restaurant that you should also visit. Great owner and neat stuff. Not only are Ernie and Kathy wonderful people but the others I met when I went walk about were equally friendly, helpful, and informative.

Room Tip: The Romance Room is the best for older people as it is located on the first floor closest to the door with a sitting area and fireplace. It has a great jacuzzi that is easy to step into located just outside the bathroom. There is one other room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here as a weekend getaway... It was fantastic! The inn keepers felt like friends from the moment we arrived. The romance suite was beautifully decorated and very cozy. The experience was certainly above my expectation!

If you decide to go to this bnb, plan to have dinner at the Italian restaurant next door, delicious!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Returned from a football weekend ( Alabama-Penn State) and had a great stay at the Keller HOuse. Rooms were nice and spacious, breakfast was yummy and lots of it, Kathy and Ernie were great host. Helped us with maps and places to eat and back roads to take to State College. Everyone had fun talking the other 6 guest even tho the Bama folks outnumbered the Penn State fans.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at the Keller House on the way to pick up our son at Camp Woodward, approximately 20 miles away. Ernie and Kathy have done a phenomenal job with the house. It is not only immaculate, but packed with character.

The bed was comfortable, the breakfast (and the coffee!) was amazing, and the Centre Hall setting is very quaint. This is the perfect spot for Woodward families, anybody visiting Penn State, or anybody looking for a relaxing retreat in Penns Valley.

Ernie and Kathy are great hosts, and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Next time we might try the Garden Room to avoid the Pennsylvania Ave. traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MitchDunn
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I went to Centre County, PA with my fiance and Grandparents to do some research on our family history. The Keller House was a perfect "home base" from which to launch our operation. We stayed in the Garden Suite, which is on the second floor and features a Queen size bed (for Grandma and Grandpa) and a fold-out couch (for my fiance and I). Kathy and Ernie made sure we felt welcome and offered assistance with finding some potential distant relatives. They also accommodated my dietary restriction and made wonderful breakfasts that really started our days off right! I would definitely recommend the Keller House to anyone looking to stay in the State College/Bellefonte area. The Keller House is also a short distance from Penn's Cave, which is a great attraction.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family