“Melts In Your Pocket, Not In Your Mouth”
Review of Melt

Melt
Reserve with OpenTable
Melt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Restaurant: There’s pasta. Then there’s pasta taken to a whole new level of deliciousness. We start with the finest pasta. Then we add traditional sauces prepared with a fresh, modern twist. It’s all cooked to perfection that can be enjoyed in our gorgeous dining room or, for large parties, in a private space. Of course, our pasta selection is just one part of a long menu where every dish is “per cui morire.” Rooftop Lounge: Welcome to Level 3, an upscale lounge located on the rooftop of Melt. Bottle service & cabanas are available upon request.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Lehigh Valley does not have a lot of restaurants that try to be "high end", so when they get one where the cheapest thing on the menu is $19, understandably there is going to be a lot of talk. When Melt opened, everyone was very excited to go. Now, the excitement has died down with the exception of the bar on the third level of the restaurant, which I think people like because it's unique and outdoors and the view is beautiful. And everyone goes "ooh" and "aah" when you say you were there.

I went to Melt as part of a bachelorette party where we had a private room and private waiter all to ourselves. We were served quickly, and the atmosphere was very extravagant. And if that's what you are looking for, it's a cool place to visit.

But if you are looking for the type of Stephen Starr "foodie" experience that you would get at a similarly-priced, similarly-decorated restaurant in Philadelphia, you will be disappointed. The food is good, but it is nowhere near the culinary experience that it should/could be for what they charge.

1  Thank Kimberly M

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Let me just say this I love good food... Good ambiance... food that is well prepared and quality ingredients is used. Lets just say this place delivers it all.

I would only give it 4 stars because :-
1- they have asked my husband many times to remove his hat (he has balding issues ;) ) We believe that the only place you don't wear hats is in school and church. he didnt of course lol

2- The saffron aioli was quite bland which I pointed it out to notify the chef ( simply correction)

As for all the Blaj reviews I am not sure why you decide to dine out if you cant walk 2 flights of stairs think of it as a nice work out so that you may enjoy the dessert.

disclaimer i am not associated with the owners of this establishment I enjoy good food and good work should be rewarded with a very fair review these people have risen the bar in restaurant scene remember what it was like before them smh @ MCDEES eaters

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Their service was excellent, atmosphere just fine but for their price structure the food was only average. Beet salad with goat cheese and balsamic reduction was a nice presentation but had a odd bitter back-end flavor. My entree a seafood skewer for $32 should have been excellent but instead was over cooked and lack luster in flavor. Brocolini side was cooked correctly and tasty but very heavy on the oil and little garlic. Bread with olive oil was very good.
My main complaint is if they are going to charge at this price level the food should not be average. I've had much better food many places for less.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went there last night for a birthday dinner for my sister. I couldn't get a sitter, so I had to bring my 2 children (2 & 5) along. I was nervous, but called ahead to see if they accommodate children, and they did. From the moment we walked in, my children were greeted warmly and I didn't feel like we didn't belong (this is not the type of place we usually eat - it's more Applebee's, etc). The put us in a table in the back, which was totally fine. The servers went out of their way to make sure my kids had what they needed and also accommodated my son's tree nut allergy by making sure there were no nuts in the bread or anything he was served (this is a huge relief).

As for the food, I just got a salad and my kids shared a pizza, but everyone else was very happy with their meal. They even chased after us in the parking lot after I had forgotten my take out bag.

I wouldn't say this is a kid's restaurant by any means, but if you are stuck (like I was) with no other option, they did a great job!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to Melt for a company holiday dinner (approximately 24 people). we had a set menu to pick from, which is fine. My husband and I ordered the Ribeye steak; big mistake. I never saw a steak that thin in my life! It was maybe 1/2" thick if that. We asked for medium rare, it was on the well done side. The mashed potatoes where just "plopped" on the plate with a few sticks of asparagus put on top of them. The plate was certainly no picture. Salad was average; nothing to write home about. The dessert was toted as Tiramisu......NOT....it was more like a chocolate mousse. I understand it was a holiday; but the place was not crowded at all. I agee with others, the decor and ambiance are beautiful, the service was good. The bathrooms were gorgeous; but again, up a longggg flight of stairs. I would not go here again. We've been to their other restaurant "Blue" and that place is MAGNIFICENT! Too bad their adventure with Melt is not as good.