“expense account fare”

Shula's Steak House - Center Valley
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt 309 & I 78
Description: Shula's Steak House is the classic American, fine dining steak house. Our restaurant is themed after 1972's Undefeated Miami Dolphins and showcases their "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season 17 - 0.Our custom center cuts of Premium Black Angus Beef® steaks accompanied with our aging process make up our award winning SHULA CUT ® , the best beef money can buy. Our custom cuts and aging process are the highest in the industry. You won't find a better steak anywhere.Shula's events and social gatherings offer a winning tradition and atmosphere, combined with exceptional menus, professional service and dedication you would only expect from the NFL's winningest coach - Don Shula.Each restaurant is themed after the 1972 Miami Dolphins' "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season undefeated. We invite you to experience Shula's Steak House, where we only offer the biggest and the best.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“expense account fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This retro steakhouse with sinatra music and black and white photographs on the wall was not what we expected, from the outward trappings: valet parking, black and white vested servers, and large menus. It was an ordinary steakhouse, with trimmings. His medium rare steak was medium and my sauted scallops were a bit overdone. The bread, possibly sourdough, was fresh and tasty, but the broiled asperagus was not peeled and also overcooked. We will not be returning, unless we receive another gift card.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank barb883

Hampton, New Jersey
“Shula's is Fumbling on Detail”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

I haven't been to a Shula's in over ten years but from what I remembered it was an excellent experience at the Orlando, Fl location. We tried the Center Valley location as a last minute stop and was pleased that we could get a seat right away around 8:30pm. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was quite elegant except for the battery operated candle that had failed at our table, Shula's first fumble on detail. Shula's second fumble was advertising a bottle of Benegas Malbec 2010 but brought out a bottle from 2011. Now I'm not sure if the 2010 year was better than the 2011, but attention to detail is a must at a fine dining establishment. Shula's third fumble was on the appetizers. We ordered the BBQ Shrimp and Lobster Bisque. While they did serve four colassal shrimp, they were drowned in BBQ sauce. Probably to help hide the toughness of the shrimp. As for the lobster bisque, not enough lobster and too much tomato base in the soup. Not what you expect from a high end restaurant. For dinner, I ordered the 22oz. Cowboy Ribeye. Shula's fourth fumble. While the steak was cooked to right temperature, as I ordered medium rare, Shula's most flavorable steak had no flavor at all. I have had numerous steak dinners at Shulas's competitors, Morton's, Ruth Chris, The Palm, and Ben Benson's to name a few, but I have to say Shula's Cowboy Ribeye ranks near the bottom for taste versus these high end players. Shula's fifth and final fumble was lost on the Apple Cobbler. In short, overdone. Now I am sure the great Don Shula would agree with me, you can not win many games when you keep fumbling the ball away. Shula's needs to rewrite the playbook and fine tune the details in order to play with the high end steakhouses.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank rcsaltydog
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Quite Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I went here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We were quite disappointed. We had a 4:30pm reservation so we could make a show later that evening. upon arrival we waited at the hostess stand for four minutes before the bartender yelled over to us to hold on while she finds the hostess. A few minutes later our hostess arrived and asked if we preferred a booth or a table and I replied either as long as we were not near the kitchen. We followed the hostess and she put our menus on the table adjacent to the kitchen door. I said we would not sit there as it was next to the kitchen. She said "oh yeah you did mention that" and placed us at the next table. I could not believe this as there was only one other couple in the restaurant.
Our server, Stacy was very polite and efficient as was her helper Krista. I ordered a bottle of wine off the wine list and was told that was out of stock.
The lobster bisque was delicious and my wife's salad wedge was quite good. However the rest of the meal was not satisfactory. Upon Stacy's recommendation I ordered the Kansas steak with steak fries. The steak was as tasteless as I have ever had in my life. There was absolutely no flavor! I could not eat this without adding salt and pepper. My french fries were barely cooked and were mushy. I only had one and could not eat more. My wife said the scallops were Okay but not great and her twice baked potato was good.

Overall we paid a lot of money for a poor meal and left the restaurant vowing never to return.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bup112
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Bup112, we want to thank you for dining with us, and we'd also like to thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit to our restaurant. We are disappointed to hear that you weren't fully satisfied with your experience at Shula's.

We take guest feedback very seriously. We've made sure to pass along your comments to our management team. We hope that despite your last visit, you'll come back and give us another chance.

Thank you.
Pottstown
“Classy good/Not snobby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

First time making the trek to Shulas Steakhouse. Not sure what I was expecting but I knew it was a higher end nice establishment. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by very warm and friendly faces. On first observation I felt as if I were in Capitol Grille. The feel was similar but thankfully on a smaller venue and much quieter. The drinks were excellent and the servers were extremely attentive to our group. They took great care in ensuring you ordered the correct meal and prepared to your liking. Everything from the filet to the Prime Rib to the appetizers were excellent. I have to admit this may be the first time I did not finish my meal. I couldn't wait to eat it the next day. Keep up the great work and I would highly suggest everyone to treat you and your loved ones to a night out at Shulas.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Craig789
The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Craig789, we want to thank you for leaving a fabulous review, and we'd also like to thank you for dining with us. We are absolutely thrilled to hear you loved everything about our restaurant.

It's great to know you felt our staff did an excellent job serving you. We constantly strive to provide our guests with an unparalleled dining experience. From reading over your review, it definitely seems like we hit our mark. We'll make sure to let our culinary team know you thoroughly enjoyed everything that was prepared for you.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when patrons take the time out of their day to write a fantastic review. We hope you realize how much it means, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to Shula's, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We hope to see you back again!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“The best steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at Shula's since it opened. We have always had an excellent meal.
I like to eat in a restaurant with a white table clothe and comfortable chairs. To me it's a sign of good things to come. That's what you get at Shula's.
Their steaks are cooked exactly the way you order them and always tender. You can't do better then here.
The staff is friendly and knows their stuff.
Go here!!!!

1 Thank M4925
M4925, we want to thank you for your continuous patronage, and we'd also like to thank you for leaving a spectacular review. We couldn't be happier to hear you always have an extraordinary experience when dining at our restaurant.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how friendly and knowledgable our team is. We are very fortunate to have such caring and dedicated individuals working with us. They really do go above and beyond to ensure everything is always perfect for our guests. We'll make sure to let everyone know of all the kind things you had to say.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when patrons take the time out of their day to write an amazing review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our location, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We can't wait to see you back!