“Could do better for the price”

Shula's Steak House - Center Valley
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt 309 & I 78
Description: Shula's Steak House is the classic American, fine dining steak house. Our restaurant is themed after 1972's Undefeated Miami Dolphins and showcases their "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season 17 - 0.Our custom center cuts of Premium Black Angus Beef® steaks accompanied with our aging process make up our award winning SHULA CUT ® , the best beef money can buy. Our custom cuts and aging process are the highest in the industry. You won't find a better steak anywhere.Shula's events and social gatherings offer a winning tradition and atmosphere, combined with exceptional menus, professional service and dedication you would only expect from the NFL's winningest coach - Don Shula.Each restaurant is themed after the 1972 Miami Dolphins' "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season undefeated. We invite you to experience Shula's Steak House, where we only offer the biggest and the best.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Arrived for dinner and was seated by professional staff. Placed a drinks and app order within 10 minutes of seating. Drinks and app selection excellent. My calamari fries and wife's salad arrived within 10 min of order being place. My wife enjoyed her salad. My calamari fries were average. Not very crispy but sauce to dip the in tasted good. The main course did not arrive until 35 min after the order was placed. All little long for the time we arrived , I had a steak the was done medium. I thought it was good but was done more on the medium well side. I did not want to send it back and wait another 40 min. My wife enjoyed her chicken entrée. I tried it as well and agree. Sides were again good but not special . Truffle fries just did not hit the mark. Staff was very good. I think the place is more status then taste. Again, I do not mind the price but hit the mark with flavor.

The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Flavorsaver, thank you for choosing to dine with us, and we'd also like to thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit to our restaurant. We are very happy to hear you felt our service staff were courteous and professional, and that you also enjoyed a few of our drinks and various dishes.

Upon reading your review further, we saw you mentioned that you felt some of our dishes were not as good as they could have been. We have made sure to pass along your comments to our culinary team. Also, we want to apologize your steak wasn't cooked to the precise temperature you requested. We would have been more than happy to fix this for you, however, we understand that you didn't want to have to wait.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our restaurant, please don't hesitate to contact us. We hope that you'll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Let's start at the beginning I made a reservation for my husband for his birthday we went out expecting a great time when we got there there was no one there to seat us. No one even said hi. eventually the bartender came over and found us a seat we sat for a while and we're told we were going to get a waiter at time later a waitress came. The first thing she did was spill water all over my husband. We waited and waited and tried to flag the waitress multiple times for the check. I had to threaten to leave if she didn't come back before I came back from the bathroom. What a miracle....then she appeared. She did not tell us the tip was already applied, so she is lucky her omission grossly overtopped her for just very very lackluster and poor service. We respect Shulas and dress up when most do not...I expect first class service not just good food and great sourdough bread and steaks.....but if not for the food...I'm back to never wanting to go again..disappointed.. And this is not the first time we've felt overlooked and un appreciated for our business.

The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Terri L, we want to start off by thanking you for your continuous patronage to our restaurant, and also apologize for your recent experience. We are extremely unhappy to hear how your husband's birthday dinner was handled.

Seeing that this isn't the first time you have felt overlooked and unappreciated at our restaurant is absolutely upsetting to us. Please know we have passed along your comments to our management team and plan to address what happened during your visit at our next team meeting.

What occurred while you dined with us is extremely unacceptable, and we're truly sorry. We have private messaged you on here to learn more about your visit. We want to make things right, and hope you'll give us the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The dinner reservation was arranged by our local colleague. Upon arrival, we were escorted to a separate room which is separate from the main dining room. The dining experience is what one expects from a upscale establishment. The server introduced herself and then presented to us the different cuts of meat and sides. The red wine I ordered was good and the petite filet mignon was excellent. There was enough to share around the appetizers and side dishes which were equally good. Three of us shared a slice of carrot cake which was moist and tasty. The staff was warm and friendly. We all had a good dining experience.

The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

YULTravelBug, we want to thank you for leaving a great review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to dine with us during your time in the area. We couldn't be happier to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at our restaurant.

We strive to serve delicious food in an atmosphere that is both upscale and welcoming. It's great to know you felt everything from the service you received to your petite filet was fabulous. You made a great choice ordering a selection of our appetizers and sides. We'll make sure to let our waitstaff and culinary team know of all the kind things you had to say.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to write a nice review. We hope you realize how much it means, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our location, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We hope to see you back!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I'm late with this review and that embarrasses me. Shula's went absolutely 100% out of the way, over the top, and provided an unforgettable experience for a 12 year old that my husband and I work with through a social program.

He's a total foodie, and had never experienced a restaurant like Shula's, and I couldn't be more pleased about how he was treated. I e-mailed ahead and spoke to their awesome staff about bringing him down, and some concerns I had (as he is not accustomed to their style of dining, ala-carte menus, etc). Everything was set up ahead of time. The red carpet was rolled out, and even almost 2 months out, he is still talking about his dinner and bragging to people about everything.

The staff went out of their way to talk to him, and tend to him - constantly filling his glass, sweeping the crumbs off the table, and even showing him how to fold the napkins. He was tickled with picking his steak off of the cart, and I don't think the smile was off of his face for the next 2 days.

The steaks were amazing as usual, and we picked a few sides to share. The crab mac&cheese was amazing, as were the scalloped potatoes. French onion soup was awesome as usual. The hot desserts were out of this world - particularly the souffle.

So a huge "THANK YOU!" to Shula's for going above and beyond for a child who worked very hard this year to get back on the right path. You provided him with a wonderful reward, and a great memory. We'll see you again in a week for our annual Birthday dinner.

The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

funky-rat, we are so happy you reached out to us and allowed us to help make this day very special for him. More importantly, we think it's so very important to say THANK YOU, for doing all that you are doing with him. All we did doesn't even compare to the great work you have done. We are just glad we were able to help out and make this day extra special for him.

If you ever need anything, you know how to reach us! It was great to see everyone, and we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I'm sorry but I think this place is ridiculously over priced! Yes, the steaks are good and the sides are good. But who the heck wants to pay $60 bucks for a dish that doesn't even include sides? It's ridiculous. Personally I would rather go to White Orchids or even Road house and save 30%-50% on the bill and still be equally satisfied with my meal.

The_Business_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Shula's Steak House - Center Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Christa L, thank you for leaving a review of your experience at our restaurant, and we'd also like to thank you for dining with us. We are glad to hear you felt your steaks as well as the sides you ordered were equally delicious.

Upon reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how you felt our price-point was too high. We stand behind the fact we serve the best beef money can buy. Believe it or not, less than 1% of all beef makes the qualification for our Shula Cut steaks. In addition to this, we feel we offer an unparalleled service experience, as all of our guests are attended to by a team of 2 waiters and a server assistant. This is something that is hard to come across at many other dining establishments.

We have never tried to portray ourselves as being a cheap or an inexpensive dining option. We have some guests who dine with us only on special occasions, as well as others who are in almost every week. We value and appreciate all of our patrons regardless of their frequency of visits.

We'd love to know what we could have done differently that may have changed your opinion of your overall experience.