“OK, not great”

Pho Kim 88
Cuisines: Vietnamese
“OK, not great”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We were there on a Friday evening with another couple. The waitress took our order of four appetizers, and they arrived fairly promptly. None of the appetizers was memorable, and the mussels with garlic sauce were not anything like I anticipated. The waitress continued to ignore our attempts to get her attention to order our dinners, and she made no attempt to come to our table to take our order. We practically had to reach out and touch her to get her attention. Meanwhile, the patrons at the table next to ours had finished their dinner and left, and their remains sat on the table throughout our entire visit. My husband ordered crispy duck, and it was more like "burnt duck." I ordered the hibachi and it was tasty, but I had an unbearable MSG headache the following day.our friend said that she would consider getting take out or returning there on a less busy night, but we will not be visiting this restaurant again.

• Visited February 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“One of our favorite places...sushi, hibachi, pad Thai...excellent! ”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Great sushi and dinners. We go there or get take out at least once per month.

Their sushi is fresh. They just created new rolls on the menu...each time we go back, I try a new one. We have never been disappointed with their sushi.

Chicken fried rice and the Pad Thai are amazing. Our favorite dinner is the hibachi steak dinner. It has generous portions. The lunch version is just as good, just smaller portions and no soup or shrimp appetizer. The Seafood Diablo is also extremely good...spicey too. I also like their wonton soup. Their ginger dressing for their salad is light and tasty.

If you like fresh spring rolls in peanut dipping sauce, theirs are delicious. They also have a vietnamese rice noodle dish with peanut, basil - also excellent.

They recently remodeled and created new additional seating. It is very nice. The staff are very friendly. The restrooms are clean and nice. The owner is usually around too and very pleasant man.

If you in the neighborhood, give them a try.

1 Thank Ladybug P
PITTSBURGH
“Consistently good”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Went there with my daughter for a lunch. The sushi and veggie roll were very good. The main courses were at least as good as the sushi. Large portions and great quality. Try thr Thai ice tea it is a real treat. Give it a chance you wont regret it.

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Amazing sushi- great staff!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The food at Pho Kim 88 is amazing and the staff is very nice! The sushi is out of this world! I think it is wonderful! This place really knows how to prepare a beautiful dish! The chef carves turnip into a beautiful rose and places it on your dish! It is such a beautiful, elegant touch! The cost is relatively minimal for the quality and I just love this place! In fact, one time my dad and I went to see what time they opened and the owner let us in 30 minutes early! What PHENOMENAL customer service!!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Beth M
Pittsburgh
“Tasty Vietnamese food”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

First visit to Pho Kim and really enjoyed it. You can order sushi and Chinese, but why would you do that at a place that takes pride in it's Vietnamese cuisine? My wife had the Pho, and I had a Seafood variation of it. Both were delicious, with ample amounts of noodles and beef or seafood. I was warned that mine would be spicy, but I didn't detect any spice--easily fixed by adding a dash of Siracha sauce. Service was excellent and delightful, with everything explained, and suggestions all paid off. Spring Rolls were great. Mango smoothie with tapioca pearls was sublime. Real fruit and pearls had a great taste. BYOB. Only negative would be two TVs playing, but you can sit in an area to avoid them, if you'd like.

• Visited June 2013