Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews hill room lee suite ghost hunting a wonderful stay imboden room
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2005

My sister and I stayed at the Cashtown Inn one night on June 5, 2005. We reserved the Imboden Room (Room 2). It was a very nice, clean and large room. It had a queen bed, one comfortable chair to sit in, two smaller chairs, a fire place that is sealed off, antique furniture (It looked antique anyway, I'm not an expert on old furniture) some Civil War art prints on the wall. The room has a small A/C unit in one of the large windows that adequately cooled the room. The bathroom is narrow but with very modern fixtures with shower stall, no tub. No T.V. or telephone in room. The full breakfast is served downstairs in the tavern also filled with Civil War art prints. Breakfast was good with fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon and choice of toast or English muffin, coffee, and juice. The parlor area downstairs is also filled with old furniture, fireplace, and lots of Civil War art prints. Outside there is a porch that goes around the front to the side of the building with rockers and chairs and tables. We did not eat in the restaurant there. Overall I like the historical aspect of the place and would stay here again. Oh, and I did not experience any paranormal activity.

7  Thank GeeZee
Reviewed April 13, 2005

The Cashtown Inn is a historic property dating from 1792. It is a very high quality establishment. We stayed in one of the room and ate in the restaurant. WOW! Everything was first class!

Date of stay: April 2005
5  Thank Sightsee12227
Reviewed October 9, 2004

My daughter and I just returned from Gettysburg. We spent our last night at the Cashtown Inn, which is an historical treasure. We stayed in the A.P. Hill room, and found it to be spacious, bright and very comfortable. The helpful staff made us feel welcome. We had nothing but positive feelings about the Cashtown Inn, so if it is haunted, they must be friendly ghosts. The breakfast was delicious and was served in the inn's charming tavern. After breakfast we sat out front on the porch swing enjoying the morning sun. Our only complaint was that we had to leave this peaceful place. Gettysburg is one of my favorite places to visit, so I hope to return to the Cashtown Inn on our next trip.

Date of stay: October 2004
3  Thank toried
Reviewed April 28, 2004

We had dinner this past Friday evening at the Cashtown Inn. What a great meal! We highly recommend the pecan encrusted chicken ~ wow! The service was great and the owner was wonderful. She made you feel welcomed and I watched everyone who entered the Inn, whether for dinner or rooms, be made to feel at home. After our meal we sat in the parlour and were not rushed by any means. We took this time to admire the photos from the film "Gettysburg" and speak with the owner. Great evening! We will return to this wonderful place ~

2  Thank Safari15478
Reviewed November 15, 2003

What a wonderful find. The inn was built in 1797 as a stagecoach stop and was the confederate headquarters of Gen, A.P.Hill prior to battle of Gettysburg. Gen R.E.Lee stopped herealong with numerous Generals and their troops. History is so rich at this inn. The rooms were beautiful,the breakfasts were overely generousand most of all,The Owners,Dennis,Eileen and Jason made us feel like one of the family. We ate Dinner in their restaurant and the food and service was beyond some 5 star restaurants we ate at. I cant say enough about this inn. If you stay, you will feel like you were back in time. The only problem we discovered is that we had to leave to soon. PS. The inn is also haunted so some people say. The guest books in the rooms are full of experiences of prior guests. Believe it or not, the inn is spectacular.

7  Thank Generalhoover