“Wonderful in many ways!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cashtown Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cashtown
Cashtown Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Cashtown B&B and Inns
Pennsylvania
“Wonderful in many ways!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

We went to the Cashtown Inn for our 3rd anniversary. Once we arrived, we got welcomed by Jack & Maria, the nicest people. And it's such a beautiful place. The room we stayed in was fabulous (room 6). Breakfast was awesome, we got a chance to see all the rooms and when we are back home, we are gonna book for next year!!

PS: We had quite some personal paranormal experiences which was absolutely amazing!! Highly recommended, this Inn!!

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mepadula

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2008

The Cashtown Inn is a true gem just outside Gettysburg, Pa. The Inn is clean and well kept with comfortable rooms and common areas. The dining is out of this world with a fantastic wait staff that caters to your every need. The owners Jack and Maria Paladino are very warm and welcoming. I felt like I was at home while at their B&B. You can't go wrong with a stay at the Cashtown Inn!!!

• Liked — The owners are wonderful and the Inn is very clean and comfortable.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank PittRN
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Cashtown Inn for a weekend, and it was a great stay, Jack and Maria are so kind. Jack you are a great cook. My husband is big into paranormal activites so we were excited to see if anything would occur.

When we first walked into our room (#4 Heth room) a coin dropped on the wooden floors, out of no where. So my husband picked it up and placed it onto a piece of paper and traced the coin with a pen, so if it moved we would know. We didn't think much of it. We left for a couple of hours to go check out Gettysburg and when we returned the coin moved about an inch, well this happened about three times. We were in shock and didn't know what to think. All I knew is that this place defintely had something going on.

Then we were laying in bed at about 1:00 am and we saw a big blue flash come from the conner of the room, and it was not headlights from the window. We both saw it at the same time and then about 10 minutes later we heard loud boot steps coming from the hallway.

The second night wasn't to bad, but the boot steps we heard all weekend. And at the time everyone in the Inn was asleep.

Our stay was great and the Inn is beautiful. Not everyone experiences something at the Inn, but my husband and I sure did. We cannot wait to go back next year.

Deanna and Howie
Yorktown, VA

P.S. We also got some crazy pics.

• Liked — The great food and paranormal activities.
  • Disliked — No T.V.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank AnnieMae24
san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2008

Like so many others, we heard about the inn on Ghost Hunters. Since we were flying into Pittsburgh we decided to make the four hour drive and stay the night.

We read the journal entries left by previous guests so that we could do everything possible to attract some paranormal activity. Unfortunately, nothing occurred.

We stayed in the upper most suite (Lee) and paid 179.85 total.
Our dinner was excellent as was the ambience.

The inn exudes quaintness, history, and charm and the surrounding grounds are beautiful. We are looking forward to staying there again.

• Liked — the potential for paranormal activity
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank nood65
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2008

We went for dinner during a trip to Gettysburg. We heard about the Cashtown Inn on Ghosthunters (scifi show). Several customes near us were talking about the same show. The staff was very friendly but the food was just mediocre. I ordered the mushroom soup (a special that night). It was quite good. My husband had the seafood chowder which was nothing special. We both ordered the veal which was described as:
sauteed veal with artichoke hearts, roma tomatoes, demi glace and melted Gruyere cheese served with oven browned fingerling potatoes and chive butter. It sounds very good but when it came out, it looked and tasted like plain old veal parmesian (with tough meat). $25.00 is a little much for veal parmesian! We didn't see or hear any ghosts either. I doubt we'll be headed back to the Cashtown Inn.

• Stayed April 2008
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank mba111
waterloo, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2008

My husband & I saw the SCI-FI channel in regards to the Cashtown Inn. We we going to Gettysburg to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We did not stay at the inn, but we had a delicous dinner on Apr. 4, 2008. Can't say enough about the
staff and the food. We will be back again.

Waterloo, NY
Birthplace of Memorial Day -1866

Stayed April 2008
4 Thank 1961_8
Wyncote
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2008

I don't care what anyone says, we know what we heard and felt: Here is my story, my husband and I stayed in the Heth Room at the Cashtown Inn and my sister-in-law and her husband were in the AP Hill room for the MLK Weekend 2008. I arrived there a skeptic, as my sister-in-law had stayed at the Cashtown before and told stories of "marbles falling on the floor sound when there was nothing there and chairs rocking with noone in it (AP Hill Room 2007).. So I thought she was nutz of course, but agreed to stay a weekend at the Cashtown Inn anyway. They also raved about Jack & Marie. So we booked our stay.

Jack & Marie was very hospitable, and the Inn looks amazing, I heard they've done a lot of renovations. The food was outstanding in the restaurant (I highly recommend the Tiramisu for dessert ~out of this world), the breakfast's were very good as well (the Chef is Jack by the way), especially the stuffed pancakes on Saturday morning. However, if you stay at the Cashtown, don't plan on getting much sleep. The skeptic that I was when I arrived, I am no more..

Friday night we heard what we thought was the young couple that were staying across the hall, having a party in the "living room" area downstairs, we heard loud music and a woman laughing loudly. Turns out, there were only three couples in the hotel that night, us, my inlaws and the young couple and we were all in bed when that happened, we all heard it though and thought it was each other.. We have no explanation of that party downstairs Friday night and Jack & Marie were also in bed.

Then Saturday night was the "big event"... We returned from a wonderful night out around Gettysburg, all 3 couples returned to the Inn together from the same outing, we locked the front door as instructed by the Inn Keepers and went to our rooms. We then retired to bed around 11:30 pm, around 1:30 am we were abruptly awakened by what sounded like the front door slamming very loudly, very violently... However, when a door slams in "our world" there are physical repercussions, like the walls rumble sort of, or the window glass rattles, especially in an older building, there was none of that, just the sound of a door being slammed violently.. Then about 15 minutes later again we heard the front door slam again, violently, then we heard what sounded like a heavy man wearing boots run up the wooden steps in the hallway.. we lay their silent, just listening, not sure what to think... the steps in the hallway are carpeted, how could we be hearing this.. Then about 30 minutes after that we again heard the door downstairs violently slam shut, a man in heavy soled shoes run up the wooden steps and then there was the slight knock on the door.. Again we just lay there very silent and very still.. That was the last we heard that night, but after that you don't sleep much..

Sunday we toured the Battlefield of Gettysburg, Little Roundtop and Devils Den made me sad, however where the 20th Maine held ground was especially touching for me because I believe my family was involved in that battle.. Sunday night we went to bed again around 11:30pm.. I was so exhausted from all the shopping and tours we had done, I was out like a light, however, I was awakened around 2:00 am by someone holding my left foot, under the covers, not like being touched from outside the covers, "something" was actually holding my foot... It startled me awake, so I politely said "I really need to get some sleep, if you could not bother me tonight I would appreciate it." and I went to sleep and there were no more shanagans from the spirits...

My in-laws in the room next door heard the door slamming, but not the running up the stairs or the knocking.. They did however have something touching them in their bed, but that is their story to tell.. And that young couple across the hall, well they left early because they experienced "something" that would not leave the toilet seat down, nobody was in the bathroom when it went up (4x that happened), they left the room and when they went back in, something had taken the Joker out of the deck of cards and placed it on the pillow on their bed.. and the last straw for them was when there was someone or something holding the young ladies hair straight up in the air at 1:00 am in the morning.. this was the same night as all the door slamming and running up the stairs.. did I mention that nobody ever ran or walked back down the stairs...

Our stay at the Cashtown Inn is one that we will be talking about for many years, I stress again, we dont really care what you think or how you look at us, we know what happened that night.. If you think you can handle it, make your reservations.. Even if you dont have any "experiences", the Inn Keepers, the food, the history and just getting away are well worth it..
Kaye

PS Yes we took pictures inside the Cashtown and outside, but we have not had them developed yet..

• Liked — The Innkeeperer, the food & the haunted experience
  • Disliked — The bed needs to be replaced
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Galsgal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashtown
The Lodges at Gettysburg
#14 of 23 in Gettysburg
The Lightner Farmhouse
The Lightner Farmhouse
#8 of 23 in Gettysburg

Been to Cashtown Inn? Share your experiences!