“I'll be back again and again and again....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cashtown Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cashtown
Cashtown Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Cashtown B&B and Inns
Binghamton
“I'll be back again and again and again....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I dont know how Jack and Maria and the staff at Cashtown Inn could be any better. All of them.First rate! With a full house of guests down to one person, these folks will do whatever they can to make your stay fun and enjoyable. Polite and Respectful. The " rules" are simply guidelines that need to be followed for obvious and historical reasons. This is thier home, and it is a beauty. Some of the rooms are period rooms. as close as they can be to 1863. Some rooms have extras such as Tv,vcr etc. If your planning to come visit the Cashtown Inn and have questions, call or email them. Do some research.Google. YouTube. Get an idea of the rich history of both Cashtown and Gettysburg. Add that to the stories Jack and the staff will tell you and you WILL have a visit you will always cherish, and keep coming back time after time. If you need your hand held 24/7 and need a butler to tend to your every need ,you may have to try someplace else.For myself , theres nothing like starting my days activities from the Cashtown Inn , and ending my day with a superb dinner and rocking on the front porch , and then wondering what the night will bring... BOO ! :)

Room Tip: Ghosts- any room you never can tell ( but try AP Hill room3 ) Families- Suites 6 and 7 Historical...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
ridgely
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have read some of these reviews and all I can say is, when you deal with the public, you can't please everyone. My sisters, daughter and I just got back from the cashtown inn. We had a very enjoyable time, we found our hosts to be friendly and down to earth, we felt very welcomed and found the inn to be very clean and well maintained. We have previously stayed at the Farnsworth house, which in recent years we have found , to be deteriorating and not accomodating. J ack told us about the stink bugs as soon as we arrived, considering the fact that I am bigger than a bug and equipped with a shoe, no big deal.(we saw very few of them anyway)
The first morning we had banana/chocolate waffles were amazing. We also had lunch there the next day, which was also great, we had the crab cakes and the french dip beef, we are from the eastern shore of maryland , so we are well aware of what good food tastes like!! The only thing that we can complain about is that Jack is a Steelers fan!!! Hey, Jack, no one is perfect!! GO RAVENS!!! We most certainly will go back to the cashtown, to those of you that won't, you will not be missed, I assure you Jack and Marie will not have any trouble filling their Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nutley, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent a weekend in October in room 4. We wanted to book the suite but it was sold out and had booked this room way back in June. I have to say the Inn was very charming and the staff/innkeepers were very accommodating. We had dinner Saturday night and I was very impressed with the food especially since I am a very particular eater.
We did have some ghostly encounters. We had a bear doll dressed with baby clothes/shoes sitting on a little table in our room. I had moved him since we needed to use the table for food/drinks etc.
I placed the bear on the chair but my boyfriend's duffel was kind of laying on top of him Well, to my surprise we woke up Saturday morning to find the bear sitting upright on the floor!!
I decided to put the bear back to it's original location and again Sunday morning the bear was sitting upright on the floor in the same spot! We also had issues with the bathroom lock. We closed the door and we did not lock it and it was locked. We had the staff including the chef try and pry it open. This episode happened 3 times. Very strange but I will definitely return back to the Cashtown Inn hopefully in General Lee's room to see what other ghostly experiences we can encounter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deirdreanne
Camden, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have waited over a week to write this review, as I wanted time to gather my thoughts (and did not give a 'terrible' as the building is beautiful)...I have always wanted to go to Gettysburg for the whole Paranormal experience, so our 5th Anniversary my husband took me there. I planned the whole trip (I'm BIG in to researching); around our stay at the Cashtown Inn in room 4. It was to be the big finally to our week long trip. They had very strict rules and A LOT of requirements to stay there (I kind of liked that as I thought they would be over the top great b&b). Upon our arrival, we were rushed, not told anything about the history, and taken to our room. There, we found 15 or so stink bugs around the room. I Asked one of the girls if I could have a fly swatter. She sent someone up with a shop vac, and we had a few laughs about it. After going to the local winery, we returned to over hear the tavern would be closed for a party and drinks would have to be served in the dinning area or outside. We were fine with that, but still nothing about the paranormal activity I was interested in. I asked the owner Jack about the basement, and he got rude and told us 'lets just give you a credit and stay somewhere else'. I WAS FLOORED...I have been in customer service for 25 years and own a small business, this is NOT how you treat people!! He kept saying this is MY home, and if I was not happy, he wanted us gone. Even as I type this I am shocked. Was it because my husband and I were in Harley Davidson attire? I felt stereo typed as a potential loud "biker chick", and that is not the case!! Jack - you need to learn some manners form the teenagers you have working for you and learn that speaking with a woman IS NOT different from speaking with a man. Thank you Jack for tarnishing what was the perfect trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank CDHoyt
donpaly, Owner at Cashtown Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I cannot believe that trip advisor allows these type of reviews. This guest is accusing me of discrimination. I can tell you in over 20 years I have never judged anyone by their appearence or dress. Chelsea is leaving out 75% of our conversation the evening in question. Yes we have stink bugs and apologize to every guest uopn entry during the fall, and do what we can to ease the stituation throughout thier stay. This guest was upset upon check-in(4pm) because we did not offer a basement tour which according to her she was promised. The Inn only offers house/basement tours during package weekends and never on a daily basis. They took off for about 2 hours upon their return they were informed that the tavern area was closed for a private function and her direct quote was "if I had known that I would have stayed in town". Chelsea then came into the tavern area and confronted me about the bar and the basement areas. She was told again about the situation and that she had not mentioned either on her reservation request so had not been directly told they were not available. She was visibly angry with me and the situation. That is when I asked her since after only 2 hrs she was that dissapointedwith everything in my home that I would offer her a full refund to find another establishment to spend the night. She couldn't believe that is what I said but never once was she told to leave. I explained that since she was so angry ove issues not in my control that I was uncomfortable with someone that upset staying in my home. It had nothing to do with her attire. Her guest was very understanding and happy with the refund and agreed it was just a square pe-round hole situation. I just wish people were more upfront and honest.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

My brother, good friend, and I are all college age Civil War buffs. We knew a lot about the Cashtown Inn and it's role during the battles at Gettysburg. This past summer we decide to take a trip to Gettysburg and stay at the Cashtown Inn. It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. We stayed in the Pender Suite which was very nice and comfortable. If you visit when the weather is good take advantage of sitting on the porch late at night. The staff was very friendly. We are going to turn this in to an annual trip. Before you go read up on the history and watch ghost hunters episode on it. It's one of those places you have to experience for yourself!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We planned our trip to Gettysburg based on paranormal locations / B&Bs. We had no clue what was in store for us when we arrived at the Cashtown Inn. When we arrived we were blown away with how beautiful the property was as well as the main building. The wrap around porch is so inviting, and warm. Walking through the front door is like a step back in time. Its VERY well kept, clean and tidy in all the common areas. The decor is amazing (excluding the terrible towel in the tavern). We were quickly greeted by a very friendly woman to check us in and ensure we had our dinner accommodations set up. After a quick rundown of the property/building we entered our room. WOW. It was beautiful. Clean. Perfect. We got situated did a run through of the town went about our daily plans came back retired to our room and called it a night.

In the morning we were greeted in the Tavern by a man named Jack, who we later found to be the owner. We shared some fun paranormal stories and enjoyed the wonderful breakfast. Jack was very personable, polite and made us feel right at home. He is one of those people you feel as if you have known for years. After breakfast we enjoyed the porch and then checked out.

Here is where it gets really neat. We had several places we planned on staying. We went to our next destination, which was a total let down. We were not very pleased. We shared this information with Jack as we had dinner reservations to come back (yes we loved it that much) the day after we stayed there. Being the accommodating person Jack is, he offered to show us one of his vacant rooms, the Lee Suite. Let me tell you this much... I've never seen a more breathtaking room in my life. It was big, and clean, and totally out of this world. We took him right up on his offer, and like lost puppies we "returned home".

We had some random paranormal things happen in our suite that night. There were several unexplainable bumps in the walls, and thuds on the floor. The most peculiar was when our SB7 (quick sweep radio) went nuts. We use an external speaker with this device, it went totally bananas. I disconnected it, and it continued to work. Independent from the SB7. It would not work for the rest of the night.

We woke and had another great breakfast (Jack's cheesy eggs), my favorite breakfast of the trip. We also shared our story with Jack. He perked up and really seemed to enjoy it. We again shared some much enjoyable conversation with Jack and the other staff members until our check out. We spent our last night in a separate B&B but made sure to circle back to see our pal Jack and the Cashtown one more time as we headed back home. Had a great lunch (the food really is unstoppable), picked up a mug and returned. All the way home we shared our favorite parts of the trip, we both concluded that it was our friend Jack, and his Cashtown Inn.

We will be back. Without a doubt.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 rooms, The Lee Suite as well as Room 6. Both were great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike L
strasburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I spent the night at Cashtown In on July 5, 2012 in room # 2, The Imboden Room. Brig General John D. Imboden slept there on July 4, 1863. I took sleeping aids prior to bedtime so my husband could get a good night's sleep. I am up and down and all around during the night and did not want to disturb his sleep. I slept heavily all night long. My husband, quite the talker, was very quiet the next morning. As we were treated to the delicous Belgian Waffles Jack prepared for our breakfast, I wrote in our journal about our previous nights' experience,(or should I say lack of experience) and sadly had to write "no paranormal activity last night". As we started our journey home to Virginia, I finally had to ask if he was tired or just did not sleep well. His answer was quite startling. He recalled how he was awoken two different times by the sound of keys during the night. As he prepared for a good night's sleep, he had removed his bermuda shorts, wrapped his keys, belt and wallet in the inside and laid them under the vanity in the room. The next morning when he arose, the bermuda shorts were unrolled, out from under the vanity and his keys were lying off to the side on the carpet. And I slept through the whole thing. We are going back in the fall-this time he can take the sleeping aids and I will stay awake all night! Lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gail c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashtown
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield
#13 of 27 in Gettysburg
Farnsworth House Inn
Farnsworth House Inn
#14 of 23 in Gettysburg

Been to Cashtown Inn? Share your experiences!