“A great annual stay with friends”
Review of Cashtown Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cashtown
Cashtown Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Cashtown B&B and Inns
Bowie, Maryland
“A great annual stay with friends”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I never thought i would stay st a bed and breakfast but i'm hooked on the Cashtown Inn. My husband and I,along with a great group of friends stay, at the Inn every Summer. It's our annual get away. Jack and Maria really make you feel at home. They make sure every part of our stay is enjoyable. We pretty much take over the Inn by booking all available rooms. We've taken several of the ghost tours, and the civil war sights. We go shopping and take in a few of the local bars and thw winery. This trip i even visited the land of the little horses, which was so much fun. In the evening after the wonderful meal the staff prepares, we sit on the large porch, sit on the pirch swing and enjoy the tasty drinks that Jack mixes up. The rooms are clean and have the modern conveniences (although some have no TV's) yet still hold that back in the day charm. We usually take turns staying in the various rooms but we prefer room seven, one of the outside rooms (which has a TV) that has its own little porch with rocking chairs.. I've experienced some strange things but nothing that would stop us from staying there, it just adds to our stay. The service is exemplary and the entire staff is gracious and friendly. They go of their way to make sure you are taken care of. I would recommend that if you need a nice get away, that you make a point of stopping by, if not to stay at least for dinner and a drink. I recommend the "the material girl", or if available the watermelon mojito. The Inn is great, but Jack and Maria are the best!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2012

While exploring the Gettysburg area we ran upon the Cashtown Inn. My husband knew it from his studies of the Civil Warm as well as being used in the movie "Gettysburg". Fortunately, they were serving lunch when we stopped and we decided to stay.

It was so fresh and delicious! They are proud to note that they use as much locally grown produce and meats as possible on their menu. I had the tomato soup and my husband had the French onion soup. Both were excellent. We had salads for our main course; he the duck and I had the house - again - both were excellent. The prices were quite reasonable considering the portions of all dishes, as well as being made from scratch in their kitchen. Kudos to the owners and chef!

We were not able to spend the night, but we are definitely going to plan a trip back so we can take in the full experience of this historic Inn. The people were so gracious and we loved the atmosphere and history it provides visitors.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SSWTexas
Willamina, OR
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from staying two nights at the Cashtown Inn. Having seen the Inn on Ghost Hunters, we booked two nights in the Lee suite, hoping for some activity. We ended up being the only guests in the inn for the two nights we were there. We had a little activity (my husband heard a woman singing while he was in the bathroom) but not a lot, which was fine. The staff was all lovely but the main surprise was the food! The restaurant downstairs has some of the best food I've ever had in my travels! Treat yourself to a night or two at the Cashtown Inn as you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I would have rated sleep quality higher but when you're waiting for ghosts to come by and say he...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cathi L
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here this past Tuesday. The restaurant was great, food was delicious (I had the duck), and they have a full bar which is rare for a b&b. The inn keepers were super nice and the restaurant servers were very attentive. I stayed in the Imboden room, which was quite large and had a private bathroom. The room was super clean and well appointed. It also had a window unit a/c which was very nice, considering I like the room to be cold! I would recommend this place and stay here again!

Room Tip: Imboden Room - see above.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank 3SERBIMRM
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We had the pleasure of getting a room for one night due to a cancellation. Jack was very friendly upon our arrival. Some of their waitress we awesome at advising us on sites to see. When we returned at night we were able to hang out in the tavern with some regulars and Maria. The staff served us coffee and dessert and beers an had a blast laughing. There was one incident of a gentleman who was staying there that was very rude and disrespectful. Seemed like he was intoxicated and mouthy to all the staff. Very awesome place with a lot of history and look forward to staying there again! Thanks!

• Stayed May 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We went to the Cashtown Inn for lunch. The Inn is a great old building with a lot of character which is worth exploring. Our meals were made from fresh ingredients and tasted good- but were a bit pricey. I'd recommend it to someone who wants to dine in a unique building and learn a piece of history.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wiskyjax
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here with a group of 15 for a paranormal investigation of the main building & Guest Rooms. The rooms are well decorated and clean. I found the the general feel of the place was inviting and pleasant. If you are looking for bed and breakfast while in Gettysburg then this may be that place! Some of our team had personal experiences while at the Inn. Nothing to fear or dangerous but if you are listening you may hear or see things if the spirits are feeling social, and of course if you are sensitive to such things! LOL The rooms each have a journal in them for the guests to record any experiences they may have while staying there. We did have breakfast there and it was delicious. Jack was warm and friendly as were the staff. Because of the nature of our visit we were not there to sleep (only managed to catch a couple of hours after 5am) but I'm sure most will have no problem sleeping there. I had the advantage of seeing all of the rooms at the Inn and can honestly say there is not a bad room in the place. Wish I could have stayed for a few days!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Brian B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashtown
Wyndham Gettysburg
#23 of 27 in Gettysburg
Farnsworth House Inn
Farnsworth House Inn
#13 of 23 in Gettysburg

Been to Cashtown Inn? Share your experiences!