“Wonderful Sunday Brunch”
Review of Carversville Inn

Carversville Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Carversville Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carversville & Aquetong Rds.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I can definitely recommend the Carversville Inn for Sunday brunch. Their version of eggs benedict (on black toast) is the best I have had. And the cherry scone that comes with it is a nice treat to end the meal.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My spouse and I enjoyed brunch today. Sunday morning escargot for her. Nestled softly in a butter garlic blend with index finger sized puffs of pastry to absorb the goodies. Marvelous. I followed the Trip Advisor recommendations to enjoy the Endive Watercress salad and YES we enjoyed. The Blue Cheese candied walnut mix worked every spoonful. I loved the spicey shellfish dish asked for extra spicy and they delivered with a BANG. My loves chicken breast was accompanied by a pear chutney but the breast was little dry. Our neighbor Jeff Garret is
a master chicken breast cooker. Hire him. We finished with a wonderful apple pudding. Waiter great. Service great. Atmosphere classic wonderful upper Bucks County. Go for a treat.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I get the duck every time I am there. It is a boneless breast of duck done with a black cherry sauce over black bread stuffing and served with excellent scalloped potatoes and some non-descript vegetables. There could be more of the scalloped potatoes and forget the forgettable vegie. The duck is consistently excellent.

The decor is typical for a country style inn, creaky uneven floors, exposed conduit for the wiring but that is part of the charm of the country inn motif.

Service was slow but there were two new servers tonight which may explain it. If you aren't pressed for time and want a nice country inn experience with above par cuisine, I suggest you try it.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We've been going to the Carversville Inn for years...had a WONDERFUL dinner there last night for a birthday celebration. I'm amazed at some of the negative reviews. We almost always go on a weekend night, but have NEVER had a disappointing experience. The cocktails are generous, the menu diverse (although largely unchanging), the service excellent and the place is historic and cozy. Our favorites include the smoked salmon appetizer (enough for dinner!), escargot, and the duck and crusted salmon entrees. The chocolate granache is insanely delicious. Last night they had oysters that were fresh and excellent. The only dish I would hesitate to suggest is the wild mushroom appetizer...it's good but very, very rich.
We've traveled and eaten all over the world, but this continues to be one of our favorite spots!

1  Thank Dagny123
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went to the Carversville Inn on a Saturday afternoon for a spur of moment lunch. We were greeted by the hostess when we walked in and offered inside or outside dining. We opted to sit out on the porch. The tables are pretty much roadside but there is very little traffic if you don't count joggers and bicyclists.
There was one person at the bar and not a soul in the dining rooms and only one other couple dining outside when we arrived.
Marybeth took our drink orders. Not a lot of wine choices and only bottled beer so we just had water.
Orders taken, we were served warm bread with fresh butter. Very nice.
I ordered the catch of the day, which we were told was Panko breaded Halibut with tomatoes, onions, capers and olives served on top. To call it catch of the day would be a real stretch. The fish was a thin commercially prepared portion. It wasn't bad, just really disappointing. It was served with saffron rice, a few green beans (7) and two pieces of squash.
My partner had a grilled Reuben served with mixed greens. The greens were okay, but the sandwich was not. She could not taste the sandwich meat due to the overpowering cheese and vinaigrette dressing. She said it was not good at all.
Bring plenty of money. Carversville inn is a bit pricey. Just shy of $40 with tip and no drinks or dessert for a sandwich and mediocre meal is just a bit too much.
Probably won't ever go back. But it is a beautiful setting.

1  Thank John G