“Carversville is a historic inn hidden in central Bucks County.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carversville Inn

Carversville Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Carversville Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carversville & Aquetong Rds.
Blue Bell
“Carversville is a historic inn hidden in central Bucks County.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went to the Carversville Inn on a Saturday afternoon for a spur of moment lunch. We were greeted by the hostess when we walked in and offered inside or outside dining. We opted to sit out on the porch. The tables are pretty much roadside but there is very little traffic if you don't count joggers and bicyclists.
There was one person at the bar and not a soul in the dining rooms and only one other couple dining outside when we arrived.
Marybeth took our drink orders. Not a lot of wine choices and only bottled beer so we just had water.
Orders taken, we were served warm bread with fresh butter. Very nice.
I ordered the catch of the day, which we were told was Panko breaded Halibut with tomatoes, onions, capers and olives served on top. To call it catch of the day would be a real stretch. The fish was a thin commercially prepared portion. It wasn't bad, just really disappointing. It was served with saffron rice, a few green beans (7) and two pieces of squash.
My partner had a grilled Reuben served with mixed greens. The greens were okay, but the sandwich was not. She could not taste the sandwich meat due to the overpowering cheese and vinaigrette dressing. She said it was not good at all.
Bring plenty of money. Carversville inn is a bit pricey. Just shy of $40 with tip and no drinks or dessert for a sandwich and mediocre meal is just a bit too much.
Probably won't ever go back. But it is a beautiful setting.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank John G

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Best choice in Carversville, then again...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

With so many good restaurants in Bucks County, it is hard to reconcile ourselves to planning another night out at the Carversville Inn. One justification might be the setting, which is lovely. Another could be the Inn itself, which is warm and historic. The food can be good, with an interesting ceviche preparation, featuring a side of fresh, well made guacamole; and soft shell crabs, with a nice, complementary sauce.

But, the service was chaotic -- with one waitress even announcing a guest's special meal at the top of her lungs as she plopped it on the table. Basics, like knives, were forgotten. And, to end with the beginning, although we had a reservation, we still had to wait a half an hour until our table became available. It's a popular, fairly raucous place, and many folks appeared to be enjoying themselves at tables of six and more. That's good, because it's likely we won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lisa_and_Jerry
Holland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The Carversville Inn was a fantastic experience. We sat outside in on a perfect summer evening. The food was excellent. Try the gruyere and mushrooms appetizer, yum! The service was polite and very professional. A great night out!

Visited August 2013
New Hope pa.
“Wonderful !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Inn is beautiful, romantic when sitting in the small back room next to the fireplace. Great friendly helpful staff, excellent variety of foods and drink. My husband would love it if there was better select of beers. Guinness on tap ? The food changes seasonally and always specials. Tuesday burger night is fun in the bar. Always enjoying dinning here. Joanne

• Visited July 2013
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Carversville Inn - or out.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Simply overpriced, under attentive, a la carte, slow service. My husband and I were treated by friends for dinner. Odd menu. Tries to be french-ish/gourmet...small portions, slow service...oops.

We waited a long time for service and bread, which was cheap, heated bread. I don't like odd menu items (duck, veggie only entree, fish). I like creative dishes with excellent sauces and fresh veggies, such as chicken breast or well-done filet mignon. Their one chicken breast "Chef's whim" of the day came with white beans...uh, no, so I ordered the filet "well-done, no pink, please butterfly it, do whatever it takes so there is no red", I requested. The waiter said "absolutely, no problem". I also requested replacing the red pepper horseradish sauce with a caramelized onion, mushroom, brandy, cream sauce from another entree. Again, "no problem".

The meals came with scalloped potatoes and fresh veggies...3 thin green beans, a couple of slices of potatoes, a few shreds of red cabbage. The sauce was good. The steak was red. The waiter took it back. I asked him how long it would take as my table mates were almost finished their meals. I told him to just give me chicken or take it off the bill. He assured me it would be right out and would be fine. He gave me another half glass of wine. He insisted. I didn't want it. Here we go again. One piece of filet was cooked through. The rest was red as a maraschino cherry. I was disgusted. My husband and friend ate it.

I will not return here anytime soon. This place wasn't worth the price or aggravation.

• Visited August 2013