“Hidden Gem Serving Irish Food...What else :)”

Riley's Public Pour House
Ranked #5 of 45 Restaurants in Carnegie
Cuisines: Irish
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Hidden Gem Serving Irish Food...What else :)”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

While doing The Carnegie Crawl (2nd Friday of the month in the summer), walked into Riley's Pour House to have our paper stamped. While there, we thought that we'd enjoy a bite to eat. She and I both ordered the cod cakes. Great choice :) The side salad was quite good and even had red skinned potatoes in it. As for the cod cakes...oh my! Plenty of cod with just enough breading to hold it together. I was disappointed, though, that they didn't have any hard apple cider to enjoy. I'm not a beer drinker. Ahhhhh, perhaps my suggestion will make a difference :) Next time, my husband will join me :) Ohhhh, almost forgot! The live entertainment was quite good blending Irish songs with popular music. Good toe tapping :)

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sue N

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Smoothies and Coffee and Snacks...OH MY!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

WONDERFUL!!! It has never let us down! Going for a stroll, it is a quick place to grab a cup to go. If you need to do some work, you can always pull up a chair and have a cup in house! It meets all of your needs. The atmosphere is great and there are even some components of the old post office for you to look at.

• Visited June 2014
Pgh, Pa
“New Years Eve Celebration @ Riley's Pour House, Carnegie, PA.....”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

.....was celebrated on December 31st at 7 PM EST (Midnight in Ireland) with plenty of good food & drink, singers & musicians, belly dancers, and a great chef, bartenders & wait staff. It closed after the New Years celebration and sent us all home well before the drinking drivers and police traffic stops were out on the highways and byways.....lol. Good fun was had by all. I already put it on my calendar to attend again next year :-) The readers of Pittsburgh Magazine voted Riley’s Pour House as the Best Irish Pub in Pittsburgh, and third Best Pub in Pittsburgh overall.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank bob-ta-miller
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“We love this pub:)”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

What a place! You can't get closer to Ireland than Riley's Pour House. We were there last week for the half-way to St. Patrick's Day specials and the food was amazing! So fun and the Guinness and Harp were flowing! We've been going here since Jim Riley purchased and renovated the pub. We love the decor with the reuse of church pew seating and the new stage up front for the daily live Irish entertainment. It's cozy, fun, great drink and great food! We continue to wish Jim the best of luck and success! You won't be sorry! Stop by and experience Ireland My Friend!

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh
“Good Stuff”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had dropped my son off at a party at a restaurant across the street, saw the Pour House and decided to check it out. Glad we did. The beer was cold, wine pours were tall and the food was good. We had the colcannon w cheddar appetizer...perfect for a cold night. It was bowl of warm, cheesy potato filled love. We shared a burger and reuben. Both were big and tasty.

This is definitely a great place to stop into on a Saturday night. It was pretty crowded. But we found a seat at the bar. And they have live Irish music from about 6pm until late on Saturdays. Good music but not so loud that you can't talk to the people you came with.

The location is convenient for travelers staying near Greentree, Pittsburgh south hills or even downtown Pittsburgh because it easy access to I-376 (aka Parkway West).

• Visited January 2013