“Great Diner Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Kent, Ohio
“Great Diner Breakfast”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Your standard greasy spoon diner. If that's not your thing, you won't like it. But if you, like me, are drawn in to any place with promises of "all-day breakfast" and "bottomless coffee," then you certainly will.

I had the raisin french toast, which I would say was above-par for diner french toast.

We had a pretty long wait for food, but it was noon on a Sunday, so I wouldn't have expected any different.

• Visited August 2013

“Always a good decision”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Since I live fairly close to Bob's, it's usually my go to spot when I don't feel like cooking. Wide variety of selections. You can't go wrong with any of their breakfast items. Fried chicken is the best of anywhere I've had, as is the breakfast burrito. Barbecue Chicken soup is a rarity, but a must have when you come here.

Visited June 2013
Carnegie
“Experience was the first and the last!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Nasty, Cheap servings, not good at all for a hungry man trucker! Not like the dinners I have been too, that are known for their hearty servings and good food! They never refill your drinks, if you order a sandwich it includes potato chips and request French fries instead, then they just bring you the French fries - and charge you extra for them which is fine - but they don't bother to bring you the potato chips that you have paid for! It is lousy food, something one can make in their own kitchen! If you are hungry stay away from this diner, the serving sizes are small with a handful of chips offered as a standard with their sandwiches! Very cheap, not too clean, and sloppy service taboo! I would never recommend this place to anyone unless they had a tight wallet and were looking for an everyday sandwich! Reminds me of the school cafeteria atmosphere! Terrible furnishings, bland and undecorated interior! Nothing nostalgia like a real dinner should be! Crummy menu too! Not much to choose from! By the way the French fry servings were inadequate as far as the portions also. We will never go back there again! If I wanted chips with my sandwich I would have brought my own bag! French fries is normally a standard! Nasty! Don't waste your money or your time. This might be an ok place for the seniors on low income, but you will be wasting your money taking a friend, especially if you like a waitress that offers you a refill! I ask and if your planning on having another drink you will have to pay for unless you want water! The waitress had the personality of a flea, overall it was the worst experience I have ever had, and it wasn't the waitress who was at fault! She was just doing her job blandly. Would be a disaster if you had a team of thirsty kids there! Can't imagine how they maintain more than one business! He picked a good spot for the cheapo area and most people are seniors in this town. But if you think you are heading for a REAL DINER, YOU'RE SADLY MISTAKING! In a small town like Carnegie, most people have never experienced anything beyond their kitchens! Basically it is a nightmare! Better value and atmosphere with adequate servings is up the street - Denny's or Eat'n Park would have been a better place!

• Visited May 2012
“very dirty place”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

First thing was our forks had food on them. then then the girl washing glass on front door without washing her hands grabed clean forks,knives,spoons,and placed them in a holder. The floor was so dirty. The seats had food on them. Nasty!!!!! My omlete was ok! A little burnt. I like red potato and had them their before but those spuds were smashed and looked like they were left overs from some one elses plate. Alot of girls working their! Same in kitchen! If your going to wait tables.don't clean windows. For GOD SAKE clean the place up.My wife diden't even eat her food. 24.00 meal 6.00 tip. Not again!!!!

• Visited February 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Sounded like a good idea at the time...”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My friend had been RAVING about Bob's Diner for some time. It was New Year's day, we were together with some friends, and we figured we could all use some good, tasty yet cheap day-after-drinking breakfast food...

Bob's is a small place (a converted used car lot, or so I'm told), almost too small to be a restaurant. Unless you're seated in a booth, there's no way to sit comfortably in the cramped dining room. Amid semi-dirty stares from what I'd assume is the "regular" clientele, our party of 5 managed to wrangle a few tables for ourselves in the middle of the room.

After a few minutes, our drink orders were taken by our waitress and we were left to our devices to pour over our menus... and sit... and wait... and wait some more. (Please recall we only had a party of 5 whose orders mostly consisted of water and other fountain drinks.) Finally, our waitress delivers our drinks and takes down our orders. Once again, we're left to wait again (perhaps 30+ minutes) for our breakfasts.

Once our breakfasts arrive, we have a mixup (one wrong order delivered to our table) and we have to wait AGAIN while all of our food gets cold. I can tell that the majority of the table (with the exception of our aforementioned raving friend) isn't exactly impressed with the food quality. My food (I ordered a breakfast scramble of eggs, meats, cheese and potatoes) was not thoroughly cooked. (Also, the potatoes within it were mushy and tasted like yesterday's leftovers... Ew.)

When the "correct" order finally DOES make it to our table (it probably took another 10-15 minutes) it's still wrong, but why the hell bother sending it back and end up waiting another 10 minutes on a side of sausage? We're all hungry and our food's only getting colder.

The one bright spot to this place is this: The pancakes are HUGE and tasty and the diner serves Mancini's bread. Other than that, there's really no reason to eat here. Save your money for Eat N Park, Denny's, or hell... Even the nastiness that is The Waffle House will do. A slight hangover can't make this food taste better or the service seem friendlier or more prompt.

I don't think I'll be going back. I also won't take restaurant suggestions from my one friend anymore.

• Visited January 2013