“Great Overall Experience!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carnegie
Rochester, New York
“Great Overall Experience!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I just visited this hotel a week ago and had a great experience here with my family! It has been recently renovated- it was clean and looks very modern. The staff went above and beyond to assist me with my needs. Even though there is a coffee pot in the room (I was looking for a DD iced coffee) I called the front desk to ask for a local one. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door and it was the front desk rep (who looks like Adam Sandler) with a Iced Coffee he had made! Truly above and beyond. I highly recommend the Extended Stay America in Carnegie!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Anna - Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent experience at our hotel. We do appreciate it and are pleased you had such a wonderful stay . I am glad we could accommodate all of your needs, and thank you for highly recommending our hotel!

We hope to see you the next time you are in the Pittsburgh area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Waterville, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We needed a place to stay near Carnegie for one overnight. Room was adequate. Sheets looked rumpled and I wasn't absolutely sure they had been changed from the previous guest (would have preferred the crisp, unwrinkled look of freshly changed sheets). Towels were small and scratchy. I wouldn't want to stay here for a long-term business trip.
The front desk clerk at check in was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Jamie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review and give us your feedback. I apologize for the condition of the sheets. We are ordering brand new sheets next month for the beds. With the new sheets, the beds will appear more crisp and fresh. Still, we take great pride in customer service, and I am pleased to hear you were satisfied.

We do appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future. Please consider us for any future accommodations, we would love to have you back.
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel itself seemed to be in pretty good shape and generally my room was nice. I took quite a few photos to show what the room looks like. My only criticism of the room itself is that, while the sleeping area is huge, the bathroom is small. It was odd that they didn't make the bathroom bigger given the size of the room. The tub itself is VERY narrow, probably not more than 1.5 feet wide. If the shower curtain didn't "bow out" it would be impossible to stand facing the shower.

The room was perfectly clean and I didn't mind at all that they don't clean during your stay unless you stay for 7 days.

Unlike other residential/extended stay type of hotels I've been to, this one was NOT occupied primarily by business people. The other guests definitely were not people I would let my children around unattended. For that reason I can't really recommend this hotel for families.

Also be aware that if you need to get into the main city of Pittsburgh the direct route entails going through a tunnel but the traffic was bad EACH morning I was there. It didn't matter if I left at 7:30 am, 8:30 am, 9 am, or 11 am....always traffic. Fortunately my nav system gets traffic updates and was able to give me alternative routes. It wasn't horrible but you will definitely need to leave yourself extra time.

The internet was o.k. late at night but during the early evening it definitely slowed down and was only good for email and light web browsing.

For what I paid I was happy and would stay here again for business trips.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Al-Burj - I would first like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and very informative. Thank you for the comments on the cleanliness of the hotel and the rooms. We take great pride in making sure our hotel rooms are fresh and comfortable. I do apologize for the size of the bathroom and shower. We are being very proactive on correcting the issues with the shower curtains.

Thank you again for your kind comments. We hope to see you again in the near future and thank you again for your feedback.
Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here about a year ago and it was a total disaster. The room was clean and had reasonable accomodations based on what I would expect from extended stay. Unfortunately The front desk staff were less than friendly. After 3 days at the hotel I paid for a 4th and final day. Less than one hour later I was harassed by management and police being accused of criminal activity. I was forced to leave the hotel and they did not refund my money. They had the wrong room but when I pointed them in the right direction they refused to hear it. The location isn't the best either. Good luck finding it with out a GPS.

Room Tip: I wouldn't even bother the room can be the best in the world but horrible staff can totally ruin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank animalloverOhio
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Yes, seriously. Toe nails. Upon getting into bed to spend the first evening, I felt something scratch my leg. I investigated, and found the sheets were full of them, and also black hair. It was obvious the sheets had not been changed since the last occupant. I approached hotel staff, who did nothing to help rectify the situation aside from hand me a new stack of sheets for me to remake my bed. I was assured management would be in contact, and never received any apology. Since I had made my arrangements through Expedia, I was unable to cancel my reservation early without losing my money, or receive compensation from the hotel for my trouble. Bummer. Huge gross bummer.

Because my mom always taught me to supply a positive for each negative - on the positive side, the grounds are nice, the breakfast was decent, and the front desk worker Michael was helpful and enthustiastic. I watched him interract with many other patrons and his attitude stood out as the "silver lining" of my stay. If only the cleaning staff shared his dedication...

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Kelly_Joan
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your most recent review of your stay. I would first and foremost like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced while staying with us. Unfortunately, there was a breakdown in communication between our front desk and myself in regards to reaching back out, so I am very sorry that the issues you experienced were not addressed sooner. Still, your comments were discussed with the staff, and we will be reviewing our cleaning standards and procedures to make sure your experience is not repeated.

I do appreciate you taking the time to bring these issues to my attention. I would like to speak with you further concerning these issues so I can personally apologize. You can contact me at CAR@extendedstay.com. I do hope you will stay with us again, if you are back in the area.
Garden City, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for the night and only seconds off the highway. Only 15 minutes to downtown Pittsburgh. I arrived at noon and they had my room ready and was able to check-in early. Room clean and updated. Shower pressure was good which is important to me. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Charles - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate your early check-in needs. As well, I am pleased to know that you room was clean and comfortable, plus the water pressure was just right for you

Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in Pittsburgh for a couple of days on our way to Niagara Falls. We were originally going to stay downtown, but found it to be not worth the price. We found this hotel through express deals on Priceline at $48 a night - we booked only a few days in advance. Great deal! It was a little hard to find - we drove through a neighborhood to get there - our GPS was handy.
The room was very clean. Either the hotel is new or was recently remodeled, because everything looked great. We were given a corner room on the second floor, which had two big windows to look out of. It was also very close to a staircase, which was useful.
The breakfast was more than satisfactory for us. The packaged muffins came in chocolate and blueberry. There were also Quaker Chewy bars, oranges, and red apples. On the second day, there were no muffins out, but my husband asked the guy behind the counter and he opened a new package for us and said we could have as many as we wanted.
This hotel was only about 10 minutes to downtown Pittsburgh. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for somewhere cheaper than downtown.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Sharon S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Sharon - Thank you for your great review of our property. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Niagra Falls and are so glad you decided to stay with us! Our hotel was recently remodeled last year; it is rewarding to know that these updates are visible and make such a great impression on guests like yourself. As well, I'm so pleased to hear that you found our newest feature, the grab-and-go breakfast to be a great addition to our offerings.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carnegie
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree
#6 of 70 in Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#32 of 70 in Pittsburgh

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie? Share your experiences!