“Excellent Hotel at a very affordable price”

Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carnegie
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed Extended Stay America when we recently visited Pittsburgh. We had an excellent experience at this hotel. The rooms very clean and the kitchenette was very helpful. The hotel is only a 5 mile drive to downtown Pittsburgh. The breakfast they serve only consists of coffee, fruits, and granola bars so you might be better off looking for a spot near the hotel. But for the $80 I spent, there was no better value and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shiraz U
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Shiraz - Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel so much. I am also glad that you found your room to be clean and the kitchenette was very helpful.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Booked this hotel because all of the average priced ones downtown Pittsburgh were booked. Did not want to pay $350-$400 at The Westin or Omni William. Wanted to stay as close as possible without paying an arm and a leg. Decided on this hotel because a.) $114/plus tax for one night for 3 ppl b.) Not a sardine can ( was very roomy for 3 people and had a kitchen w/freezer/fridge) c.) Only 9 minutes from downtown. The bathroom was a little dingy, but really not bad. I am picky with where I stay and I usually stay at nice 4-5 star hotels, but this was perfectly fine. Clean, didn't smell of smoke or pets (I am allergic to cats and dogs). Called Classy Cabs, it was an easy ride from here to Seviche-930 Penn Ave (which is by the way, amazing!). Didn't try the breakfast the next morning, but grabbed a coffee to go (very convenient, and the coffee wasn't that bad either).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and our grab and go breakfast, especially the coffee. We are so happy we were able to exceed your expectations!

Hopefully in the near future you will choose to stay with us again. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I chose Extended Stay America for this month's trip to Pittsburgh. Some weekends, I just don't want to deal with the tunnel traffic or pay $25 to park. While the location is a bit tricky (thank you, GPS!), once you figure it out, it's a perfect location to downtown and the highways.

I chose this location based on the price and reviews. Sometimes, I just really like having a kitchen available and this was perfect.

The hotel staff was more than pleasant. They were friendly, but not intrusive or nosy. There was always someone about cleaning or checking up on the public areas.

My only request regarding the staff is to please speak to the maid service about the door hinge requests when you check out. First, I already know to do this as a frequent traveler. Second, I did not want a hands-on demonstration by the maid herself while I'm trying to enter my room to drink my recently-retrieved coffee and while my partner is getting out of the shower in only a towel. I don't like being ignored in my requests to maintain some distance and privacy. It's a friendly gesture on her part, but it's a matter of timing and privacy to me, especially when it wasn't wanted or needed. No big deal overall, but annoying at the time to have the maid try to enter the room for a demo about flipping a latch.

The rooms were clean and large. The rooms were mostly quiet, all things considered. There was a large family in a room a few doors down from us, and we really didn't hear them except as they would traverse to their vehicle. This is a positive feature if you don't hear too much from the other rooms. I also appreciated being able to open the windows as desired. Sometimes, I like the fresh air in appropriate weather.

The breakfast was acceptable for the price and set up of the hotel. Mostly, I just want a piece of fruit and a lot of coffee, so it was more than adequate for me.

In any case, this is on my short list of places I would stay on my monthly trips. Great value and I appreciate the kitchenette.

As a tip, make sure you tell them the bed size you want when you make your reservation or when you check in. A double bed just doesn't do it for two tall adults and I wish I had done so upon seeing the bed on check-in. A queen or king would have been far better for two travelers. Hate those double beds!

Room Tip: As a tip, make sure you tell them the bed size you want when you make your reservation or when you c...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RebeccaCP
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Rebecca - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you took advantage of the in-room kitchen, which are provided in all of our guest rooms. As well, that you enjoyed the grab and go breakfast. Still, I do apologize on behalf of our housekeeping staff. I will speak with them to ensure this type of situation is not repeated.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stay there many weekends and know the staff. Good people, friendly, and very helpful. Always willing to make sure your needs are met. Rooms are nice and clean and well maintained. Close proximity to several malls, restaurants, downtown Pittsburgh, and the stadiums. Great value.

Room Tip: I have no preference on a room. All have been nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Kent - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the great comments about the hotel and staff. I'm thrilled that the staff has been so friendly.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The family atmosphere of this Carnegie location reflects the character and values of this wonderful part of Pennsylvania!!!! I love that you get none of the Phily/New York coldness but instead you receive the warm welcome neighborly character of what makes Pittsburgh a great place to live. The staff and management are very professional going out of their way to make your stay a pleasant experience. This facility is particularly clean, bright and fresh. You get allot of bang for your buck, in a great location convent to much local shopping and downtown Pittsburgh, which is only 10 minutes away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Sam - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the great feedback about our staff as well as the hotel. I'm thrilled that everyone went out of their way to make you feel at home!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

A great hotel. Large rooms. Well appointed kitchenette. Very easy onto I-376 (but kind of tricky coming off the highway). The staff was amazing -- loved Marge and "pop-collar boy" :-).

I would highly recommend it as a more affordable option that is still close to downtown Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Brett - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm glad to know that you took advantage of our in-room kitchenette and that the staff was so great!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The workers were extremely friendly and willing to help. The room was rather large and clean. The morning breakfast bar was wonderfully stocked. Parking was plentiful and near doors. We really enjoyed our stay and the convenience of Carnegie's location to good shopping and downtown Pittsburgh. We would certainly stay at this location again. We have made a habit of staying at extended stays when we are out and about on road trips.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Eric - I would first like to express my appreciation for the wonderful review you filled out about our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you have chosen to stay at Extended Stay Hotels whenever traveling. Our number one priority here, at the hotel, is to provide guests with a great experience and a fresh, clean room to stay in; we are so glad we could do this for you too!

We look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carnegie
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Greentree
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#20 of 73 in Pittsburgh
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West
Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh West-Green Tree
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - Mcknight Rd.

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie? Share your experiences!