“What ever you do DO NOT stay at Rodeway Inn Carlisle PA”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I must agree with the reviews I have read here and how I wish I would have come here first before booking! I must say that I think the box spring must have come out of a dumpster because there were disgusting stains within every inch of it, not to mention that the corners were shredded. Lord only knows how old the matress is as there was no cushining whatsoever. It felt as though I had been sleeping on the floor. Those must've been the same pillows from the 70's. I took my spouses large t-shirt plus my own coat and wrapped them around the pillow. I slept head-to-toe with clothes covering every inch of my body, which I cannot stand to do. There was food (or something, don't really want to know) dried all over the alarm clock and the bathroom counter top. In the shower I put a large towel at the bottom of the tub so I didn't have to risk catching athlete's foot or some incurable disease. I am an extremely low-maintenance person. I do not need all of the amenities. I don't even need the TV or even a chair! The one thing I do require (and expect) that I have a clean place to lay my head with out worrying who's bodily fluids and the kind of bacteria I am laying in. I do not think that is alot to ask, especially when that is the number one thing that any hotel/motel owner should be concerned with.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iron5
Vinay S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2016

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guest in future.

There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed August 31, 2010

Stay away. Noisey, unclean, should be torn down. We slept in our clothes to minimize contact with anything. There were people apparently living in some of the rooms on a permananet basis who seemd to be struggling to make ends meet.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2010

I have stayed at quieter campgrounds, breakfast sucked ,foreign owned,noisy, smelled

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 15, 2010

I booked this on Priceline and didn't have high expectations, but everywhere else was booked for graduation weekend. I just needed a stopover rest place during a long car trip. This Rodeway Inn looks a bit sketchy from the outside, and I had a sense of dread when entering my room, but I found it to be far better than I would have expected! It was quite clean, the beds were comfortable, the decor wasn't too bad, the bathroom was in good shape (but bring your own conditioner), and to my amazement it had a fridge and a microwave, which are really nice perks. The wireless worked great and was free. The place wasn't too noisy, and the staff was friendly. The TV didn't get great quality picture/sound, but it did have HBO. Overall, a terrific value for the $43 I paid. I have to say, I really hate Carlisle--nothing but motels and truck stop/convenience stores, no real commercial area near the highway at all. But if you have to stop here for the night, I do recommend this motel if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank flyermontana
Reviewed July 12, 2008

I was very disappointed with this hotel. So much so that after checking in and seeing the room we decided to go elsewhere. The pillows had writing on them with marker which could be seen through the pillow case. The bed had some sort of stems from a plant in one of them. The box springs had holes in the outside and stains on the edges. We decided to go elsewhere so we didn't even spend the night. The unfortunate thing was that I paid for my reservation through Travelocity and the desk clerk had already charged my room so I was not able to get a refund. I have considered this a learning experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Kenneeeee
Reviewed July 1, 2008

My children and I sustained numerous bed bug bites after spending 2 nights at this hotel. When we complained to Priceline.com we were simply told "You cannot get a refund". We were not asking for a refund. We just wanted the hotel removed from their listing. Our bites still have not healed. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! When we were given our key we discovered upon entering our room that it had not been cleaned. That should have been a clue for us not to stay there.

1  Thank Babytreese
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We got this motel "blind" on Priceline and after reading the reviews below I was afraid to go! To our surprise, it was a perfectly nice, clean room and the manager at the desk was smiling and friendly. We called ahead and asked for a nonsmoking room with two double beds, and that was exactly what we got. Like many motels in Carlisle, it's on a busy strip, but we weren't bothered by noise during the night. I have no complaint with this motel and would happily stay here again--though next time I would book directly for the same price (~$53) so that the motel gets the money instead of Priceline ($40 for the room + $13 in Priceline fees).

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)