“Better than it appears at first glance”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I booked this on Priceline and didn't have high expectations, but everywhere else was booked for graduation weekend. I just needed a stopover rest place during a long car trip. This Rodeway Inn looks a bit sketchy from the outside, and I had a sense of dread when entering my room, but I found it to be far better than I would have expected! It was quite clean, the beds were comfortable, the decor wasn't too bad, the bathroom was in good shape (but bring your own conditioner), and to my amazement it had a fridge and a microwave, which are really nice perks. The wireless worked great and was free. The place wasn't too noisy, and the staff was friendly. The TV didn't get great quality picture/sound, but it did have HBO. Overall, a terrific value for the $43 I paid. I have to say, I really hate Carlisle--nothing but motels and truck stop/convenience stores, no real commercial area near the highway at all. But if you have to stop here for the night, I do recommend this motel if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank flyermontana

Reviewed July 12, 2008

I was very disappointed with this hotel. So much so that after checking in and seeing the room we decided to go elsewhere. The pillows had writing on them with marker which could be seen through the pillow case. The bed had some sort of stems from a plant in one of them. The box springs had holes in the outside and stains on the edges. We decided to go elsewhere so we didn't even spend the night. The unfortunate thing was that I paid for my reservation through Travelocity and the desk clerk had already charged my room so I was not able to get a refund. I have considered this a learning experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Kenneeeee
Reviewed July 1, 2008

My children and I sustained numerous bed bug bites after spending 2 nights at this hotel. When we complained to Priceline.com we were simply told "You cannot get a refund". We were not asking for a refund. We just wanted the hotel removed from their listing. Our bites still have not healed. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! When we were given our key we discovered upon entering our room that it had not been cleaned. That should have been a clue for us not to stay there.

1  Thank Babytreese
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We got this motel "blind" on Priceline and after reading the reviews below I was afraid to go! To our surprise, it was a perfectly nice, clean room and the manager at the desk was smiling and friendly. We called ahead and asked for a nonsmoking room with two double beds, and that was exactly what we got. Like many motels in Carlisle, it's on a busy strip, but we weren't bothered by noise during the night. I have no complaint with this motel and would happily stay here again--though next time I would book directly for the same price (~$53) so that the motel gets the money instead of Priceline ($40 for the room + $13 in Priceline fees).

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2007

We're travelling with our 2 dogs. The room is small and has vinyl tile floors. I guess they think that's better for dogs but.... it's slippery for them. There are several other facilities in the area that I would check out before staying here again. There are signs that some remodeling is being done but.... if you're a single woman travelling alone... DON'T chose this facility!!! Enough said!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sverige52
Reviewed August 7, 2007

This hotel was being remodeled on the outside so outward appearance was good. This is probably a one to two star motel and that is what you got. Regular sized hotel room w/ bathroom/toilet separate from sink area which is nice feature. There were stains on the chairs which made it a little creepy to sit on, but overall, decent room w/ frig and microwave.

There were folks staying for various conferences in town so everyone had their room doors open and were walking around in the parking lot talking, some were have a BBQ, and just overall friendly atmosphere.

A pillow was missing from our room and the front desk brought one over to us right away. They also told us a great place to eat for a reasonable price where all the locals go and it was good.

Free breakfast was toast, pastry, coffee and juice.

For the price, I would go again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2006

The Rodeway Inn Carlisle was, by far, the most disgusting place I have ever, ever, ever stayed. My girlfriend and I had to go to Walmart to buy our own pillow cases and sheets because our sheets had clearly not been washed. The sheets had all kinds of hairs, from head to chest to pubic, all over inside. The stains were of varying colors and some had odors. The staff was not worth trying to argue with... they barely spoke English and were of the attitude that I was getting what I paid for. I did not sleep, at all, for the entire night. The A/C made so much noise when it started up that it woke us every time. If we turned it off, the noise from outdoors was loud and it got too hot in the room. The shower was filthy with hairs all over the place. There was feces smeared in the toilet bowl. I had to shower standing on the plastic bag from Walmart (the one I had because I had to go there to buy bedding) simply to avoid athlete's foot or worse. The shower was either burning hot (I literally had to jump out a couple times because it was suddenly burning my skin) or ice cold the next second. It appeared that they had one hot water heater for each building of rooms.

The Rodeway Inn Carlisle should DEFINITELY, withgout question, be removed from Priceline. Priceline's claim that it partners with reliable and established hotels is completely discredited in my opinion. This motel was one of the most disgusting places I have ever been to in my life and I'm very dissatisfied. I have stayed at sketchy hostels throughout Europe that I would describe as luxurious and world-class in comparison to Rodeway Inn Carlisle. Seriously, it's similar to if a filthy person invited you into their fly-infested, hair covered, smelly bedroom for a night. I'd just as soon stay outside.

As someone who reads reviews at TripAdvisor before traveling, I know that some can sound like a difficult-to-please person just venting. Please do not take this review lightly... you WILL be disgusted and disappointed if you choose to stay here. You'll want your money back right away and when you can't sleep even at 5 a.m. because the A/C is so loud and you keep getting sudden itches all over your body, you'll consider going somewhere else and paying to stay for 6 hours of sleep. Sleeping in the car, or honestly even on the ground outside, is a better bet than this place.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple