“Nice for the price”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Nice for the price”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Nice and clean and very affordable. Staff at the desk were very pleasant. Wanted something close to Dickinson College since my son's team was playing against them. It met our needs and accommodations were well worth the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you Sir, I truly appreciate the time taken to review our motel and staff. I lookforward to see you again. Have a great summer.

Brad Shah, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Clifton Park, New York, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been coming to this motel for years. My stay is at least twice a year, and entails a four day period for business purposes each time. I find the general manager and staff to be extremely friendly, accommodating, and always concerned with my well being. Any request I have ever needed has always been fulfilled with a quick response and true professionalism ! They are happy to see me and appreciate me being there as a guest. I have many choices of hotels in the area, but I choose this one, as my stay has always been extremely pleasant.

Ken Busta

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ken,
First of all, let me thank you for a great comment. We all here felt like a winner of OSCAR 2013 !!

High quality care is guest-centered, efficient, respectful, timely approach and clean rooms. We are determined to provide the best possible service and we are committed to hospitality with the highest standards at reasonably priced. We are always challenging ourselves to improve, it is why you have access to this Rodeway among hotels right here in Carlisle today and future.

Every year you come in falls too. Please spend more time here with family in the outdoors at the valley's three state parks. Pine Grove Furnace State Park, Kings Gap Environmental Education Center and Colonel Denning State Park all offer beatiful hiking trails and meandering paths that will lead to spectacular views.

Thank you and see you with a good spirit.

Brad Shah. GM
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed for 4 days (originally was only going to be 1). The rooms were very clean and well maintained. We had a room with a King Bed and it was very comfortable! We are both tall so the only negative comment I would have is that the showers are short. We both are almost 6' so that was a little tough but other than that the stay was great! The staff was very helpful from the beginning all the way through and post the visit. We had an issue with Hotel.com and the manager PROMPTLY helped me get it resolved. It's definitely not a "new" hotel... but definitely a very good hotel and would recommend it for future visits.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Ms. Sue:

Given the very nature of hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their best at all times. That is why it is truly rewarding when guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to recognize our attempts. Your compliments are truly rewarding. A big 'Thank You'

Brad Shah, GM
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Brad went out of his way to make sure I was happy with my room. The room was clean and comfortable. The room had a microwave and fridge. Nice stay for the price. Its close to several places yo eat and petro truck stop. I'll be back when in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Every hotelier would like to receive such a full of value comments. You made my day. This encourages me and my staff to work hard and also prospective clients to stay with us
A big Thank you.....
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Hotel Manager BP was most interested in serving the Customer as I initially needed a weekly rate for 7 days and gave me the best deal I could ask for and the rooms were well worth the price and more. Then when I needed to stay for a few more days he even provided the same daily rate that was given for the weekly rate. It was clean, warm, shower and bathroom, sink area all very functional, and served every purpose possible. The beds were comfortable, clean and warm with the blankets. If you're looking for something to serve your purpose of just sleeping and not too picky you won't find any better place to stay than the Rodeway Inn in Carlisle, PA off of Interstate 81.

Room Tip: If you ask for a quiet room you will get it, just ask BP for whatever your needs are and he will giv...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel General Manager named Brad "BP" Shah is completely dedicated to your comfort.
"BP" and his front desk staff (especially Neil) quickly addressed any needs I had, and fixed any minor issues with the room. Eventhough the hotel is a little older, the decor was from this decade, my bed was comfortable, the wi-fi service was fast and free, breakfast was hot and it included waffles, fruit, toast and hash browns, the amenities worked and most importantly, the room was clean. This hotel right off I-81 and is centrally located. Definitely, a great value for your money!
David A-A

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

After driving throw a snow storm and only having a few bucks in my pocket we where trying to find a reasonable place to spend the night. To my surprise the Rodeway Inn couldnt have been a better pick the Over all Value and cleanliness met all our needs for a night stay.the bed was extremely comfortable with freshly clean sheets and free wifi always a pluss

• Stayed January 2013