“Whenever we go to the Carlisle/Auto Show” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Whenever we go to the Carlisle/Auto Show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I have been going to the Carlisle Auto Show twice a year for the past 20 years. We've always stayed at the Rodeway Inn because it keep's getting better and better. The entire staff is very accommodating to everyone. They have always included a "continental" breakfast.. but now you get a buffet breakfast, which includes scrambled eggs, hash browns, toast, etc, thanks to Brad Shah, the new General Manager. To us, it's home away from home.

Janet Mallin

Room Tip: Staying closer to the office makes it easier to get delicious coffee in the morning..and the ice mac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am indeed delighted having your truly rewarding comments. Entire staff is having a celeberation today with Pitzza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We had to book a room here because no other place was available. The car show was in town. The price went up to $99 for one of the nights and $104 for the other night. At least 5 of the rooms around us had groups of men hanging out in the parking lot drinking until 11 or 12. We could hear the road traffic, people on the walk way and every person that started their diesel truck.

The rooms were dirty. The shower took a few minutes to get warm water. The shower was very small. The floor was dirty, both the carpet and the tile. The coffee pot was not clean. They did not clean our room after the first night. There are instructions on how to turn on the tv. The phone did not work so I could not call the front desk. There was a hair on the bag meant to line the ice bucket with. The toilet is so close to the bathroom door you have to move to one side to close the door. There were 2 large bugs in the room. There is not an iron or ironing board in the room.

Only positives are the sheets appeared to be clean and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I am really concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I am writing to thank you for taking time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a stisfying one. At this motel, we strive to provide best customers service possible at all times. Therefore, it is disappointing to learn that you are not happy. Please accept my sincere apology.

During car shows, we raise our rates slightly higher but still lower than other same standards motels in the area. The bugs you found in the room were harmless stink bugs and they were everywhere in PA. They cannot be treated and the helpless issue was extreme this year. Iron and Iron boards in the room is not an item as per choice standards. However, we do faciliate this service on demand.

Since I don't have your name and room# you stayed, I could not investigate other room issues you mentioned. Since we did not meet your expectations, I will be more than happy to compensate your stay. Please call me without any hesitation at 717-249-2800

Once again, please accept my sincere apology and thank you for your time.

Thanks and regards,

Brad Shah, GM

Travelers are raving about these Carlisle hotels

San Isidro, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

When traveling, sometimes you just want someplace to sleep for the night, not all the bells and whistles. This was it. The room was clean, smelled clean and had plenty of space. The 2 people I dealt with at the front desk were very polite and concerned that I have a good stay. As a single woman traveling alone, I was a little concerned at first that this was some kind of flop house, but my stay was pleasant. No one bothered me; just fellow travelers on the road. With my door closed, I could not hear trucks on the highway and was surprised at the level of sound when I left the room, it seemed so quiet inside. I did not check out the breakfast choosing instead to go down the road to the Middlesex Diner where I've always have had a good meal. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
VT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Good location, quiet if you're away from the road and neighbors aren't nosy. Small but real annoyances - only one of two beds good for sleeping. Other one squeaked and was tight to the wall on one side, Toilet paper rod missing. Poor interior paint job. $1.50 safe fee, cheerfully credited back. No coffee at continental breakfast by 7 a.m. Unsolved problem with only pot. Old furnishings and decorations

Great price.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hartsville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My fiance & I stayed here for a night while on the way home to SC. We brought a few minor issues up to the front desk, they immediatly wanted to move us to another room, but they were so minor we didn't want to move. Wonderful mangement, great location from highway. Thank you for making a night comfy for us! E. Williams

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I have to say I was nervous to book a hotel room that only cost 54.99 a night, but man was I impressed. Right off the bat the gentleman at the front desk could not have been nicer or more polite. The rooms were clean and nicely arranged. The bathroom was a little older but still perfectly acceptable. The continental breakfast was a nice bonus. When we checked out the same front desk man made sure to ask if we enjoyed our stay and reminded us to make sure we ate before we continued on our travels.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank hulk8183
new albany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My experience at the Rodeway Inn is one i'll never forget! The staff are all so friendly and very helpful with your stay. The rooms are very big, clean, smell, great, ice cold air, have a microwave and refridgerator in each room, nice and comfortable beds, and fluffy cozy pillows. They also have a big pool with a fenced in area thats very neat and clean! THey have a free breakfast thats wonderful. You can pull right up to your room so that your vehicle can be monitored from your room. My overall experience at the Rodeway Inn has been a great one and i'll definetly be returning if ever in this area again!! It's so comfortable and just like being at home almost!! I can assure you that you will not be disapointed with your stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! too me none are any better than any certain one!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business