“Good place for a night”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
San Isidro, Costa Rica
“Good place for a night”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

When traveling, sometimes you just want someplace to sleep for the night, not all the bells and whistles. This was it. The room was clean, smelled clean and had plenty of space. The 2 people I dealt with at the front desk were very polite and concerned that I have a good stay. As a single woman traveling alone, I was a little concerned at first that this was some kind of flop house, but my stay was pleasant. No one bothered me; just fellow travelers on the road. With my door closed, I could not hear trucks on the highway and was surprised at the level of sound when I left the room, it seemed so quiet inside. I did not check out the breakfast choosing instead to go down the road to the Middlesex Diner where I've always have had a good meal. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
VT
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Good location, quiet if you're away from the road and neighbors aren't nosy. Small but real annoyances - only one of two beds good for sleeping. Other one squeaked and was tight to the wall on one side, Toilet paper rod missing. Poor interior paint job. $1.50 safe fee, cheerfully credited back. No coffee at continental breakfast by 7 a.m. Unsolved problem with only pot. Old furnishings and decorations

Great price.

• Stayed September 2012
Hartsville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My fiance & I stayed here for a night while on the way home to SC. We brought a few minor issues up to the front desk, they immediatly wanted to move us to another room, but they were so minor we didn't want to move. Wonderful mangement, great location from highway. Thank you for making a night comfy for us! E. Williams

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pa
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I have to say I was nervous to book a hotel room that only cost 54.99 a night, but man was I impressed. Right off the bat the gentleman at the front desk could not have been nicer or more polite. The rooms were clean and nicely arranged. The bathroom was a little older but still perfectly acceptable. The continental breakfast was a nice bonus. When we checked out the same front desk man made sure to ask if we enjoyed our stay and reminded us to make sure we ate before we continued on our travels.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank hulk8183
new albany
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My experience at the Rodeway Inn is one i'll never forget! The staff are all so friendly and very helpful with your stay. The rooms are very big, clean, smell, great, ice cold air, have a microwave and refridgerator in each room, nice and comfortable beds, and fluffy cozy pillows. They also have a big pool with a fenced in area thats very neat and clean! THey have a free breakfast thats wonderful. You can pull right up to your room so that your vehicle can be monitored from your room. My overall experience at the Rodeway Inn has been a great one and i'll definetly be returning if ever in this area again!! It's so comfortable and just like being at home almost!! I can assure you that you will not be disapointed with your stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! too me none are any better than any certain one!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 2, 2012

For the money, the Rodeway Inn was okay. The pro's were: close to Allenberry Playhouse, comfortable king bed with clean smelling sheets, refrigerator kept water very cold, pleasant staff, clean carpet and seating pretty comfortable in the room. The con's were: older facility, older TV, old smell in room until A/C was turned on, walls could use scrubbing and/or paint job, fluffier pillows would have been nice--prevent neck discomfort--and the sink had an odor. When we left a recommendation was given to management to use baking soda in the drain, which they accepted the recommendation graciously.
Ask for a printed bill before you leave--$1.50 adder for safe usage. We did not use the safe but were charged. For $1.50 I did not feel like haggling with the owner when we left.
We knew when we booked the hotel, breakfast was limited and planned to eat at the Middlesex Diner nearby for breakfast, which was good by the way.

Room Tip: Let management know upfront, a good room is desired. He was informed of the experience at the Quali...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TeaLady_12
Vinay S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2016
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guest in future.

Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed July 18, 2012

On the strength of the reviews posted here, I booked a room for my son and a companion who were traveling west through PA. That led to an extremely unpleasant stay and an even worse experience afterward.
First, about the stay: My relatives stayed the night because they were too tired to go any further, but slept little because they "itched all night." In the morning they looked for bed bugs and found none, but did find a few other bugs around the room and bed. They also noted that the room was dreary and unkempt, marred with chipping paint and stains. They left early.
The worst was yet to come. Although I explained to the clerk when I called to book the room that the guests would pay for the room on arrival, it was charged to my account. Upon investigating this, I learned that the desk clerk had refused to accept their payment because he had already charged my account. He claimed it was not possible to reverse that--which, of course, was an absurd claim. However, not knowing about this refusal, I called the property to inquire about the charge when I received my statement. The clerk was extremely accusatory. Instead of working with me to clarify and resolve the matter, he very rudely demanded proof and insinuated I was trying to cheat him. When I asked his name, he yelled, "I'm Mr. Nobody, and I will not give you my name!"
Because the clerk refused to accept my son's payment, I will of course accept the charge. However, I strongly advise potential guests to check the room they're offered before accepting it (especially here), to assert their rights and insist that billing be handled properly, however inconvenient it might be for a desk clerk, and to refuse to accept insults and accusations when inquiring about charges.

Room Tip: Check the room you're offered before you accept it!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank mbj2
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I am really very much concerned about the comment and thank you for taking time to address.

You made the reservation on 06.26.12 at 9.03 PM authorizing your credit card for your son who checked in soon after at 10.23 PM with his girl friend who did not show any desire to pay through any alternative credit card and asked us specifically to charge your card. Our front desk clerk never refuses to change the form of payment if request made by any guest upon check in as it takes just a click on computer.

As a regular practice, we do ask our guests about their stay experience upon check out. Your son was extremely happy and did not raise any issue which you mentioned after a period of 1 month !! You asked for a compensation which he did not find legitimate and did not give his name. A warning note is issued for his negative approach. Please accept my sincere apology.

Brad Shah (GM)

Travelers are raving about these Carlisle hotels