“Great place to lay your head!!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My fiance & I stayed here for a night while on the way home to SC. We brought a few minor issues up to the front desk, they immediatly wanted to move us to another room, but they were so minor we didn't want to move. Wonderful mangement, great location from highway. Thank you for making a night comfy for us! E. Williams

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I have to say I was nervous to book a hotel room that only cost 54.99 a night, but man was I impressed. Right off the bat the gentleman at the front desk could not have been nicer or more polite. The rooms were clean and nicely arranged. The bathroom was a little older but still perfectly acceptable. The continental breakfast was a nice bonus. When we checked out the same front desk man made sure to ask if we enjoyed our stay and reminded us to make sure we ate before we continued on our travels.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank hulk8183
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My experience at the Rodeway Inn is one i'll never forget! The staff are all so friendly and very helpful with your stay. The rooms are very big, clean, smell, great, ice cold air, have a microwave and refridgerator in each room, nice and comfortable beds, and fluffy cozy pillows. They also have a big pool with a fenced in area thats very neat and clean! THey have a free breakfast thats wonderful. You can pull right up to your room so that your vehicle can be monitored from your room. My overall experience at the Rodeway Inn has been a great one and i'll definetly be returning if ever in this area again!! It's so comfortable and just like being at home almost!! I can assure you that you will not be disapointed with your stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! too me none are any better than any certain one!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2012

For the money, the Rodeway Inn was okay. The pro's were: close to Allenberry Playhouse, comfortable king bed with clean smelling sheets, refrigerator kept water very cold, pleasant staff, clean carpet and seating pretty comfortable in the room. The con's were: older facility, older TV, old smell in room until A/C was turned on, walls could use scrubbing and/or paint job, fluffier pillows would have been nice--prevent neck discomfort--and the sink had an odor. When we left a recommendation was given to management to use baking soda in the drain, which they accepted the recommendation graciously.
Ask for a printed bill before you leave--$1.50 adder for safe usage. We did not use the safe but were charged. For $1.50 I did not feel like haggling with the owner when we left.
We knew when we booked the hotel, breakfast was limited and planned to eat at the Middlesex Diner nearby for breakfast, which was good by the way.

Room Tip: Let management know upfront, a good room is desired. He was informed of the experience at the Quali...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeaLady_12
Vinay S, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2016

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guest in future.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

On the strength of the reviews posted here, I booked a room for my son and a companion who were traveling west through PA. That led to an extremely unpleasant stay and an even worse experience afterward.
First, about the stay: My relatives stayed the night because they were too tired to go any further, but slept little because they "itched all night." In the morning they looked for bed bugs and found none, but did find a few other bugs around the room and bed. They also noted that the room was dreary and unkempt, marred with chipping paint and stains. They left early.
The worst was yet to come. Although I explained to the clerk when I called to book the room that the guests would pay for the room on arrival, it was charged to my account. Upon investigating this, I learned that the desk clerk had refused to accept their payment because he had already charged my account. He claimed it was not possible to reverse that--which, of course, was an absurd claim. However, not knowing about this refusal, I called the property to inquire about the charge when I received my statement. The clerk was extremely accusatory. Instead of working with me to clarify and resolve the matter, he very rudely demanded proof and insinuated I was trying to cheat him. When I asked his name, he yelled, "I'm Mr. Nobody, and I will not give you my name!"
Because the clerk refused to accept my son's payment, I will of course accept the charge. However, I strongly advise potential guests to check the room they're offered before accepting it (especially here), to assert their rights and insist that billing be handled properly, however inconvenient it might be for a desk clerk, and to refuse to accept insults and accusations when inquiring about charges.

Room Tip: Check the room you're offered before you accept it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank mbj2
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

I am really very much concerned about the comment and thank you for taking time to address.

You made the reservation on 06.26.12 at 9.03 PM authorizing your credit card for your son who checked in soon after at 10.23 PM with his girl friend who did not show any desire to pay through any alternative credit card and asked us specifically to charge your card. Our front desk clerk never refuses to change the form of payment if request made by any guest upon check in as it takes just a click on computer.

As a regular practice, we do ask our guests about their stay experience upon check out. Your son was extremely happy and did not raise any issue which you mentioned after a period of 1 month !! You asked for a compensation which he did not find legitimate and did not give his name. A warning note is issued for his negative approach. Please accept my sincere apology.

Brad Shah (GM)

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stopped at this hotel for an overnight while travelling. It is very conviently located on Route 11 (Harrisburg Pike) between Interstate 81 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
For a low budget hotel I was amazed at what was included with my (very clean) room. The room was large - besides the king size bed, dresser and TV there was a table with 2 chairs, refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot with plenty of room left to move around easily.
The bed was very comfortable (no lumps). The AC worked extremely well and the free WiFi had a strong connection.
The bathroom was designed with the shower and toilet separate from the sink and vanity and hairdryer. This is very helpful when 2 people are trying to get out quickly in the morning. The shower had good pressure and the towels were big, soft and fluffy.
The low price even included a continental breakfast that included juice, coffee, bagels, muffins, donuts, yogurt and fresh fruit. Of course there was butter, jelly and cream cheese for the bagels.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lomojo
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We usually stay at another property but waited too long and found this by luck. It was much less expensive but seemingly average for the event weekend. Place was fairly clean but could have used a bit more attention to the bathroom floor; bed was comfortable and the room itself was clean. Nice to have the small fridge and microwave (although we didn't use that).
Brad-the manager (?) was quite cordial and accommodating, even going and buying extra bags of ice for the guests use when the ice machine just couldn't keep up ( it was over 100 degrees almost the entire weekend. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple