See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 18, 2009

travelled for the car show and found this hotel convenient and good for my trip. Service was very good and people were freindly and helpful. I would definetely try to stay there next time around. It is at a very good location, closer to other amenities.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank solotraveler111
Reviewed April 26, 2009

This hotel is superbly located at the junction of the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Interstate 81. That's the only good thing I can say about it. The stench of urine is powerful and pervasive, in the lobby and hallways as well as in the rooms. Ugh! The carpet in the room was damp and squishy with God-only-knows what. Ugh! Both beds had dirty sheets and pillowcases, obviously not changed since the previous tenant -- if not a succession of tenants. The bathroom had two towels on the floor, obviously used, and only one unused towel on the rack. The sink was scummy and there was poo on the toilet, which had not been flushed. Ugh! There was a silverfish in the bathtub. Ugh! When I called the character at the front desk, he got belligerent with his nasty virtually illiterate mouth. He wouldn't cancel my reservation, and charged me for the night even though I left a half-hour after checking in. I had to contact my credit card company to get the rip-off cancelled. This vile pesthole should be inspected for sanitary violations, shut down, and demolished.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
qualityinncarlislepa, Webmaster at Days Inn by Wyndham Carlisle PA, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry it did not turn out to be the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• The person working at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which we treat our valued guests.

• Maintenance was notified of your report of silverfish in the bathtub and instructed to see to any necessary extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed July 17, 2008

Pros- Convenient location right off of the highway, and next to a convenience sore/gas station, so it makes for an easier time getting back on the road the next day. The room was clean. There was an additional sink right outside of the bathroom, which was convenient. Hotel was quiet during the stay. Front desk staff friendly and efficient.

Cons - King-sized bed was pushed up against the wall on one side (so a little hard to get in and out). The design of the building appears to be older, which isn't a negative in itself, BUT there was a definite lingering cigarette/stale smell through out the place.

In all, no major problems.

• Stayed: April 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a good one.

• Housekeeping received our commendation for the level of cleanliness they maintain as our employees.

• Desk staff received our commendation for the courteous, friendly, efficient way in which they treated you, our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 3, 2008

I started staying at this hotel after reading a very good review on TripAdvisor. As a senior couple with a small dog, my husband & I have encountered alot of difficulty finding a clean hotel allowing pets, and costing less than $100. per night. Numerous times we have stayed at this hotel, being very pleased with the location, price, and condition of room. The most recent stay before this one was on April 12, with no problems. This time when I checked us in I was told that the hotel had a new owner and now all people traveling with a pet had to stay in one of several rooms located in a certain area of the hotel, not where we had always stayed in the past. I asked if the room would be as nice as the ones we always had before and the clerk answered that we would be next to the pool. We always stay just one night on our way to visit family in the South and we were not interested at all in the pool. As I was afraid, the room we had was not maintained nearly as well as the ones in the past. These rooms have a sliding glass door that opens onto a tiny patio which has always been convenient for taking the dog out. This time our "patio" was surrounded by overgrown weeds and had a used paper coffee cup filled with cigarette butts awaiting us. I do not understand why hotel owners think that people traveling with pets deserve nasty hotel rooms and it is very frustrating and discouraging finding a clean room without paying over $100. & $50-$150 extra just for having the pet along. Not all pet owners are careless, dirty people!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Peanutsmom

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you feel that the change in ownership has led to a downgrade in the pleasant stay you anticipated from past stays.

• The new owners were approached concerning your opinion as long time valued guests.

Reviewed May 6, 2008

If I hadn't reserved ahead of time, we wouldn't have stopped at this unappealing cinder block building with a large sign advertising a lounge. Once inside, though, the desk clerk was very helpful. The room was very clean, and we were able to adjust the heat to our comfort level. The heating unit had a rather loud fan; however, it helped to mask noise from the highway, so that wasn't a bad thing. The iron, coffee maker, TV and balcony were all usable, and the shampoo, etc in the bathroom were good quality. The bed was firm and comfortable, though my room didn't have the mint that someone else mentioned in their review. The shower curtain was hard to keep inside the tub, and I ended up having to mop up water. We weren't ready to eat a large meal before hitting the road, and it was nice to find some good quality portable items on the breakfast buffet. Altogether an OK stop.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple