Americas Best Value Inn
Quality Inn(Carlisle)
Diamond Inn(Carlisle)
Rodeway Inn(Carlisle)
View Hotel
All reviewsbob evanspriced hotelrestaurants within walking distanceroom was cleancar showcontinental breakfastabviloisrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We were travelling home and looking for a place to stay at the end of the day. We used the hotel coupon book and selected this hotel.

For $40 for a night's stay, we were looking for a clean room. We found it.

There was very little offered for the free breakfast.

It is located near the highway with lots of eating establishments close by.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NSRoadrunner
Reviewed June 6, 2011

If you want to save money, this is a good place. It is a mile or less further from the Carlise Fairgrounds than the fancier hotels and will probably save you $100. over two nights. Don't expect luxury in this older building. The building is maintained and most importantly, clean. The refrigerator and microwave helped me save money on meals. There are two budget restaurants within walking distance. I was happy I stayed there and didn't spend money on ammenities I don't need.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
DanielleHeilman, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our facility. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Regards,
Danielle-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Carlisle, PA

Reviewed September 18, 2010

We spent the night there while on vacation. Te clerk assured me the room was "Nice". I kick myself for not checking the room first and believing this person. We had no choice since there was a Corvette Convention in town and all the other motels were booked. The room was filthy and stunk of mildew. There was a giant patch of mold on the dirty rug near te nightstand! I cleaned it up myself since it was so awful. The bathroom was out and out nasty. On the floor there were 3 dead cockaroaches. There was practically no noise barrier so the sounds from outside traveled freely into the room. Te bedspread was obviously never washed. No amendities. A true horror trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zenfool
DanielleHeilman, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was a bad experience, we have renovated half of the hotel as of now, and the other half is also being worked on and expected to finish very soon. We have undergone new management since the beginning of the year. I would love to have you back as our guests! Please let us know when you will be back in the area, so we can show you how much we have improved. Thank you Take care!!

Reviewed August 29, 2010

The motel is poorly kept, the room was smelly and dirty. Smelled like mildew, everything was in disrepair, carpet, chairs, bathroom in terrible shape...we had no choice but to saty there as everything else was booked up in town, we thoughts about sleeping in the car. We felt itchy and thankfulyy there was no bedbug attack!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimberleylenard
Reviewed June 2, 2010

This property is now a part of that wonderful chain, America's Best Value Inns. Just imagine a 1970s Econo Lodge that is worn out and you'll get the picture here. The owners have apparently made the decision to milk the last dollars out of this property before they are forced to demo it. Room does not allow a full recitation of the deficiencies here--filthy, broken, and sleazy sums it up. The front desk people, oddly enough are very nice and accommodating--maybe they feel guilty. Avoid this place; take your chances on a no-name bargain motel rather than spend your money here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank waldentenn

I am so sorry to hear about your stay here. I would like to let you know we have recently renovated the property and are still undergoing changes. As well as new management on site this year. We are improving every service to make it the best. Please come see us again sometime, and be our guests. I am confident you will be happy with the new additions. Thank you and take care!