“Stay at Carlisle, Pa”

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Landing
“Stay at Carlisle, Pa”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was "very" unhappy with the accommodations @ the Carlisle Days Inn North, in Carlisle, Pa. The whole hotel was suppose to be smoke free. I had to have housekeeping come in to spray to try unsuccessfully to eradicate the smoke that consumed the carpet, bedding and smell coming from the air conditioner vents. I had requested a king bed, when I made the reservations,but I was told they only had a Queen or 2 doubles. So I said that would be alright. But my room only contained 1 double bed. The hallways smelled like stale cigarette smoke throughout. I was very unhappy to say the least. The carpet felt sticky also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Vinay S, General Manager at Days Inn Carlisle North, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write these comments. I am sorry for the inconvenience of smoke smell during your stay. Our first floor is 100 % non smoking and on Second Floor out of 3 wings only 1 is reserved as smoking wing rest are non smoking wings. Please give us another chance and come and stay with us again and I will ensure you will have a comfortable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Greer, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Traveling North on I 81 Aug 16, we decided to pull in for the night. We had a bad experience previously at Days Hotel in Allentown but decided to give Days Inn another chance. We were very surprised at the difference. This Days Inn really cared and they were glad to see us. The room was clean and we appreciated the closing of exterior doors after 10 PM.
As usual we asked the desk clerk about local restaurants as we enjoy local fare rather than chain restaurant food. Rustic Tavern was one of the choices (see review). We couldn't have been more pleased.
The room was spacious and easy to navigate. I was glad we gave Days Inn another chance. We had a great night's sleep on a comfortable bed in a very clean room.
Breakfast was fair and we enjoyed the spacious dining. Altogether a good stay.

Room Tip: Try the Rustic Tavern. You also get 10% off when you get a card from the desk clerk.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vinay S, General Manager at Days Inn Carlisle North, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are pleased to hear your stay was a nice one. We try to handle every request as soon as we find out there is one. We are fully committed to our guests satisfaction. I will tell the staff of your kind words. We have included hot items in our Free Breakfast such as hash browns and scrambled eggs. Also available in our breakfast is oatmeals and two types of waffel. Breakfast has a wide selection of 20 different items to choose from. We have a fitness room on the second floor with all modern equipments and am sure you will use the same on your next visit. We are close to the Carlisle Fairgrounds, US Army War College, Dickinson College and not to miss out trip to Historic City of Carlisle. We are conveniently located off PA Turnpike (I-76) and I-81. Days Inn Carlisle North is a perfect place for the business or leisure traveler and blends great value with the comfort of home. We hope to see you on your next travel enjoy our hospitality and explore the Historic City of Carlisle.
Lexington, Georgia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel has been recently remodeled. I wouldn't give it an exceptional rating, but if you are looking for a clean room in a safe environment, this place fits the bill. They have limited continental breakfast, a small bar with limited food that's open M-Sat 5 PM till midnight. An excellent 24 hour restaurant is next door, The Middlesex Diner. Staff at motel is friendly and really tries to be helpful. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Vinay S, General Manager at Days Inn Carlisle North, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We are also happy that you found our hotel clean, and were able to enjoy our small lounge Our lounge is open everyday as you said 5 PM till Midnight. We are big fans of Middlesex Dinner 24 Hour restaurant in our parking lot and are glad you enjoy the restaurant as much as we do. We have included hot items in our Free Breakfast such as hash browns and scrambled eggs. Also available in our breakfast is oatmeals and two types of waffel. Breakfast has a wide selection of 15 different items to choose from. We hope you visit us soon.
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I chose this Days Inn to spend couple of days between Gettysburg and Carlisle. The first two days were not very pleasant as I informed the desk about the sink leaking which was fixed after when I came back. I was offered to change my room the next day, then I had a TV problem before it got fixed later on the day. Rather than that, cleaning was excellent, the pet room I had was nice and close to the exit so I could easily take my dog out. At check out, the assistant manager who, showed a genuine customer-friendly attitude, did listen to my complaints and apologized. He promised to follow up on the incidents that took place the first two days. Overall, it was a satisfying stay and I will most likely give this Days inn one more shot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vinay S, General Manager at Days Inn Carlisle North, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. Thank you for pointing out our friendly and pleasant staff! We do have a great team. We are glad that you found us so convenient for your travels - thank you for highlighting how close we are to visit both areas - and Gettysburg is even a closer drive. This makes us a nice "hub" location for vacationers! We have noted your comments on the sink leaking and are checking into that. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to improve! We strive to create an extremely satisfied stay for our guests. Your feedback helps us with this! Please come back and visit us again soon!