“Friendly service, good American Diner food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fairgrounds Diner

Fairgrounds Diner
Ranked #44 of 159 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Friendly service, good American Diner food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

plenty of good American Diner food.
reasonable prices...large portions
very busy Sat & Sun AM breakfast
complaints: small parking lot, won't allow salad as a side

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Steve G

“Awful experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

My Wife and I stopped here for breakfast and found the food to be terrible. The wait staff was prompt, friendly and courteous and we were seated right away. My wife ordered the French toast with "fresh strawberries" and I ordered bacon & eggs. We travel a lot and we've experienced different restaurants and this experience was by far the worst ever. The food was terrible, the "fresh strawberries were preserves and had no taste whatsoever. The French Toast seemed as though they were previously frozen and so we felt as though all else was pre frozen except for the eggs. On our way out we saw that it was rated the best of 2012 and was dumbfounded by the review.

2 Thank Kristy S
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Good diner food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We eat there frequently, and there has yet to be something that I want to go back and eat again. But the food is always pleasant, not disappointing, and well priced. Good service, too.

Visited September 2012
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Yum..yum..yum..order the steak wraps :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We eat here frequently, since we are local. My absolute favorite is the breakfast steak wrap. It has cheesesteak and eggs in a wrap and it comes with fried potatoes. The omlettes are delicious here too! The only issue I have ever had is that almost everything needs salt, but I understand the cooks allowing everyone to salt their own to suit your taste. I highly recommend. ( we have also eaten lunch and dinner here too and NEVER dissapointed!)

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank waterparks4us
Pennsylvania
“don't order the sausage gravy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I tried the Fairground Diner today. I have heard good things. The parking lot was full and the place was busy but I got a seat right away. The staff are friendly and judging by the use of first names it seems to have a lot of regulars. The prices are good, 2 eggs, fries , toast and meat starting at $4.15 must make it one of the chepest breakfast in town. The biscuit and sausage gravy was $5.50 , so based on price I thought it would be good, real home made sausage gravy. It wasn’t it was either canned or packaged by Sysco. The sausage was just flakes. There was no sausage or even sausage taste. I guess the price is high to discourage people from ordering it, as it must be hard on the chef to open the can or bag. My scrapple was good. Like Momma Spriggs I think they deep fry it as it was very hot and had the crispy bark. The home fries were good. I think this is a good place for 2 eggs meat and potatoes but certainly not for sausage gravy, and probaly not chipped beef. Sauage gravy is so easy to make, pity thay can no tmake the effort.

• Visited July 2012