“Food better than the atmosphere”

North Hanover Grille
Ranked #24 of 168 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hungry for Wings? Burgers? Wraps? Steak, seafood, or pasta? How about a fresh salad? Are you a beer lover? We take pride in preparing and serving the Carlisle, PA area's best food. We also feature the best selection of drafts with 15 micro and import beers on tap!!
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The menu here is large, and the food is fairly solid. But the atmosphere of the restaurants does not match the atmosphere of its website or menu. (Comes across as higher-scale than the restaurant actually is.) But the price was right.

Beer and wine - no mixed drinks, by the way.

The rating system here was difficult. I marked it average. The next mark up was "very good." I wish there were a "good" rating. That's where I would have marked this restaurant.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

At first glance, looks like a bit of a dive on Carlisle's main drag - but huge portions of food, terrific selction of beers, and wonderful service will pull you in. Try the chix wings with Old Bay - outstanding!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great Local Place!
What a delightful experience. The food was fantastic and our server was lovely. It’s an old fashioned looking place – has a very neighborhood feel. (My brother-in-law wanted to leave because he thought it was going to be a dive… At the end of the meal, he was smiling and admitted how much he liked it.) The food was great. You wouldn’t guess the menu is as extensive as it is, but there is something for everyone. I had a hard time narrowing it down. The desserts were delicious. I would go back again in a heartbeat, and if I lived anywhere near Carlisle, I would eat there a lot.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The selections are numerous, the food very tasty, the atmosphere relaxed, and the service efficient. What more do you need?

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Recently a friend and I visited the restaurant. We had not seen each other for several years and told the first waitress that we would be slow ordering and eating. She seemed friendly and effiecent but said that she would turn us over to the late shift waitress(this was at 5:45 P.M.) The second waitress was terrible. We had to flag her down for everything. She tried to push food that we did not want. This did not hinder our conversation but it certainly determined that I would not visit this place again. I was disappointed. Over the years I noticed that there seemed to be changes for the better on this corner. A different review network ranked it as on of the best in Carlisle. My experience did not bear out either observation.

1  Thank Courthouse067