“Good food, great fun!”

Ranked #13 of 162 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine dining in a casual atmosphere at our newly remodeled and expanded restaurant. Our beautiful dining room and patio overlook the new pond and driving range at Mayapple Golf Course. Have a cocktail while watching the sunset. Cheer for your favorite team on one of the 8 Big Screen TV's in our sports bar. The NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN Game plan cover all the games. Off-site cold item Catering, Weddings, Reunions, etc. Call about our pavilion which accommodates large groups.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Good food, great fun!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was traveling for business and happened to be in Carlisle for the evening. Like the Yelper I am, I looked for a place nearby that was not a chain/franchise that had a good rating. This place surprised me because I wouldn't have thought to go to a golf course for a meal. I am so glad I did and that I followed another Yelper's advice and got the seafood sampler appetizer. It was AMAZING and I made a whole meal out of it. The quality of the food was good and the prices weren't over the top.

I was there on a Wednesday night and the place was full, but not too busy to get great service. I soon learned that one reason, in addition to the great food, is that a cool DJ named Vern does live trivia on Wednesday nights. Apparently the regulars go every week. It was a lot of fun and I will definitely go again when I am in the area.

Oh, and kudos to the bartender who was friendly, efficient, and yet in a very nice way carded a young man who claimed to have "left his ID in the car." I tipped her extra for refusing to serve him without showing his ID. He "left to get it" and didn't come back. Good job!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank UntamedAZlady
Fiddlers R, Manager at Fiddlers Bar & Grille, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thanks for the review and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Westfield, New Jersey
“Its ok, great outdoor dining option.”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This place was pretty good, considering there are very few options in Carlisle to sit outside for dinner (if you don't want to literally sit on a sidewalk). The ahi tuna appetizer was great, and my cobb salad was very good -- even with some special requests. My fiance's "medium" wings (he was told there were no mild wings) were extremely spicy so that put a damper on his meal. I would recommend that they order some new wine glasses since theirs are awkward to drink out of, but overall we had a good, affordable meal. Our waiter was friendly, polite and on his game. P.S. while I personally wouldn't wear jeans there because its on a golf course, this is not dressy like a country club.

• Visited June 2012
Thanks for the review and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“Great food, great prices.”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I recently decided to have our daughters baptism party at Fiddlers and it was a huge success. Except for a seating mis-hap in the beginning the resst of the lunch went off without a hitch, The food was excellent, the servers were fast and the prices could not be beat. I will recommend Fiddlers to everyone.

• Visited June 2012
Fiddlers R, Manager at Fiddlers Bar & Grille, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thanks for sharing information on your visit we appreciate customer feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Mayapple's Fiddlers not up to par......”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

If Donna D goe to Mayapple 2 or so times a week, she must be knowledgeable of the massive changes that have been going on in the restaurant since March when a complete changeover and massive walkout occured. TCC55 is correct when he/she writes the waitstaff seemed clueless. All but 2 or 3 were new and they are/were clueless. In truth, it has been hit or miss since the new food and beverage manager took over. Sometimes good, more times not. Although, Joe and Jeremy remain as cooks, I believe the purveyers have changed and that has had a distinct change in the taste and flavor of the food I had come to know as excellent. Some menu items have been changed and not for the better. The calamari I had three weeks ago was just awful, I tried it again this week and it was much better but it was NOT what it once was. The sushi grade tuna, once the best around is deplorable and not sushi grade. The outstanding cole slaw recipe has been tinkered with and is now mediocre at best, The Seafood Sampler my husband had last week (he gets this every other visit) did not have the coconut shrimp on the platter as advertised but mozzarella sticks instead, but nothing was mentioned to us of the change. (I, too, have eaten at Mayapple at least once a week for the past two years). The bartenders are all new and not the friendly barkeeps of old, no smiles, no greetings, and one is constantly running her hands thru her hair and then picking up a glass and pouring a beer or making drinks. Having said all this, I remain optimistic believing the changes are 'growing pains' and that the restaurant will again find its footing and become 1st rate again with Rudy at the helm. Fiddler's does have the best outdoor patio seating around, and is known for an excellent pour. If you want an attentive server ask for Forrest or Mike or Branden. They are smiling, friendly, helpful and havinf been there a while know the ropes.

• Visited June 2012
Fiddlers R, Manager at Fiddlers Bar & Grille, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thanks for the honest review. Let us know how your next visit goes by reviewing it here.

Thanks,
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disagree with the May 18th review”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I was there also on Sat. May 18th and it was busy but didn't have any problems. It was unfortunate that you had a bad experience. My husband and I dine there at least twice a week and never had any problems. However, with the busy weekend and probably trainning new staff was most likely the problem and no excuse for that.
The sun in the dining room was always a problem but they have now installed shades which is 100% better. The food, whether it is a an appetizer, burger or dinner you can't beat the quality of it.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Donna D
Fiddlers R, Manager at Fiddlers Bar & Grille, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thanks for sharing information on your visit. We appreciate all customer feedback ! We look forward to your next visit !