“Great place in a tucked away space”
Review of Back Door Cafe - CLOSED

Back Door Cafe
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sadly it's tiny, but that's probably what makes the food so good. Their tuna salad is to die for! the marinated veggie wrap...yum! And my son is in love with their peanut butter iced chocolate cake. All homemade.
And, they do a fabulous job catering!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Back door cafe is a gem located in downtown Carlisle. The food is centered around greek/italian flavors but is not pigeon holed into just these delectible styles. The wait staff is very friendly. The salads, wraps, and sandwiches are fantastic. My wife and I haven't met one we didn't enjoy. The price is reasonable and the service is quick but relaxed. It is a perfect place to take a breather from the busy work day and enjoy lunch with your partner or work buddies. The only detractor I have is that they tend to over cook their quesadillas. When my wife asked if this was how they normally cook them they said it was. So if you're looking for a solid eatery for lunch this is the place.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

A nice spot for lunch with some gluten free options and many healthy choices. I especially like their nutty tuna salad wrap, but there are many nice menu selections.

1  Thank VCUgrad
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Excellent food, individually made. A great friendly place that has been locally owned and operated since the 80s. One of the best places to eat the area! This is real food , not greasy or sloppily made. Refreshing menu selections.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

It was actually one of my children who asked to go here after a visit with another family which she really enjoyed, so off we went !!! It was a lovely evening so we sat outside in the small courtyard with a view of the kitchen. My girls thought it was great watching their dinner made. Lots of fresh food on the menu, some wonderful flavors, massive desserts and prompt service. Plenty of vegetarian options too. Will be back with a bottle of wine next time !!! PS-none of us tried the soups.