“Tasty chicken & friendly atmosphere”

Mrs Stamm's Delicatessen
Ranked #46 of 161 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Tasty chicken & friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

If you want good chicken - go to Mrs Stamm's. It's truly that simple. I went in to grab dinner on my way home last week, and the friendly guy behind the counter let me know that the chicken breast would be ready in 13 minutes... So I waited and just before the breast was finished - a fresh batch of chicken tenders came out and they looked so good I changed one of my orders to that! There were two other fellows in the dining room that left while I was waiting - they knew the guy behind the counter and shared some stories with me while I waited, really great atmosphere. We had chicken breast, chicken tenders, potato wedges, macaroni & cheese, stuffing ball w/gravy, and cream slaw. The chicken was fantastic - crispy, moist, just delicious! The sides left were a hit or miss - the potato wedges were good, macaroni tasteless, cream slaw super tasty, stuffing ball good but gravy tasteless. It is a chicken place, so I can't really hold the sides against them. Also it was $15 for two people and we got a ton of food. MMmmMm, chicken.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Jen J

Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“soo bad, afraid of food poisoning”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

1/22/2011 we bought take-out about 30 minutes prior to closing from the very pleasant man. The chicken breading was tasteless and the chicken dry but edible. HOWEVER, the mashed potatoes in the little styrofoam container were so bad that they were gray and smelled (honestly) like vomit. I'd never seen mashed potatoes which were swimming in gray thin liquid before. My wife took one small bite and placed her entire dinner aside. I was afraid of food poisoning and am monitoring her health "just in case". To get rid of the smell I resealed the container, placed it in the larger styrofoam meal shell, then tied in two plastic grocery backs and then sealed tightly in a plastic trash bag. NEVER will we eat their food again.

• Visited January 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Chicken was good, that's about it”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

The chicken at Mrs. Stamms was quite good. Good crunch and moist with a lot of flavor. After that, the sides were mediocre to inedible. it's a shame for a place who has been a part of Carlisle for such a long time to have such poor fare. If you want a bucket of chicken, just get that.

Carlisle, PA
“A little expensive, but worth it for the top quality food.”
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I always end up spending near $10, which gets me a dozen fried wings, a couple drumsticks, and a bottle of soda. The chicken is top-notch, crispy on the outside, and juicy on the inside. Their selection is varied and the place has that great atmosphere you'll only find in local eateries. Their hours cater to the local downtown crowd, which means they close after lunch and the food selection can be pretty limited near closing. But that just means they don't waste food!