“Good subs in nice location.”
Review of Scalles

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Scalles
Ranked #33 of 168 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The subs are really good but never tried anything else here. The price was decent and service good. Dining area was kinda cramped but service was good. Located about halfway between downtown Carlisle and interstate 81. Close to mall and Home Depot.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I know a lot of people who really enjoy this restaurant. I however, do not. The food is always a total let down. I've never seen a place known for sandwiches, to mess them up so much. The last time I went, I actually got really sick, so I won't go back. However they have a good selection of 6 packs to go.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Scalles in Carlisle, PA has the best food & the prices aren't bad either. If your into soup, theirs is the best, YUM!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My parents had a good meal there a few years ago so we thought this would be good choice for a quick dinner. The menu was typical Central PA with some Italian and Tex-Mex items which seemed appropriate. Our server was coarse and told us we should have read the specials in the lobby when we came in. We weren't expecting fine dining so we sloughed it off. We ordered simple food, a classic reuben, a reuben with 'slaw instead of 'kraut, a grilled turkey sandwich and tomato soup, and chicken parmesan along with ordinary sides, a salad, corn fritters, and french fries. The soup came and it was obviously curdled. This tomato soup just smelled bad. One taste proved our suspicion that it had spoiled. Our server cleared it without apology, explanation or acknowledgement of the problem. The french fries were then served. They were greasy luke warm and raw. The fritters were prefabricated but were deepfried correctly. Then our meals came...
The classic reuben was ok. The reuben with slaw was a mayo and shredded cabbage sandwich. I honestly don't think there was any meat put on this sandwich. It was just disgusting. The grilled turkey sandwich was a thin hockey puck of probably microwaved turkey on a stale roll and some condiments. The chicken parmesan was a similar microwaved hard piece of chicken on cardboard flavored spaghetti with a weird meat sauce. We didn't eat our food. I asked for the check assuming the server would notice that nothing but the reuben was eaten. I paid 58 bucks for this slop because I didn't want to embarrass my elderly father for recommending this place. I have felt ill all day today from eating undercooked fries and a cabbage sandwich. I love independent restaurants and respect them balancing budget and quality but this was the worst food I have been served in years.

1  Thank thymetotravelthyme
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great food that not's to overpriced. If you go there for lunch, arrive before noon as the tables fill up quickly, especially on Fridays.